Thread: Whitetails taking over Blacktial spots in Region 2: The Video

Threaded View

Re: Whitetails taking over Blacktial spots in Region 2: The Video

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Thought WT numbers were decimated by the doe season in the interior?
    They are now showing up in rainforests of the lower mainland?
    They keep expanding?
    What?

This is pure nonsense to most that blame game managers for ever single problem to their hunting woes.
    If a WT doe season is THAT effective, all the more reason Region 2 needs one LOL

In all seriousness, you're making a good point. All these golden nuggets of fixes hunters have including myself are often contradictory. Some are probably right, some are probably wrong. Most of us are not biologists. Assessment from actual biologists is what is needed. If hunters were allowed to dictate hunting regs, I don't think there would be any open seasons or any permitted hunting methods. Collectively worse than anti's sometimes in that regard.

I do get the feeling there is not a ton of resources though and I suspect as a result, the biologists and game managers focus on what they can, but inevitably fall behind in other areas. The fact the regulations still cite a "small population of WT's around Herrling island, so take caution" or whatever demonstrates several years of lag. If a season isn't warranted, but it is noteworthy enough to inform hunters, it should at least read "There is a significant number of Whitetail deer all over Region 2, hunters are reminded to there is no season".
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-19-2019 at 05:05 PM.