Curious what everyone is doing with there base style camps/vehicle camping in bear country, specifically cooking in wall tents ect. Where do you keep your cooler, cookware, snacks ect ..?

I've always backpack hunted/camped (in HEAVY bear county too) and was taught early on to hang your food and keep a clean camp, never had a problem to date.

Showed a friend from Alberta around the kootenays and we spent a few nights in different provincial park camps. One night we spent around Duncan lake and despite being a regulated camp that is some nice bear country!, lots of sign in the immidiate area. My buddy had to full on "Alberta" setup .. 5 star .. coffee maker and furnace was on at 5am, hence the fancy camp ground . I just popped my msr 1 man tent up beside him and took the funny looks from our neighours (one couple thought my tent was a dog shelter haha). Long story short i was surprised how NOBODY seemed even remotely aware of bears. One fella had a wall tent, had a full on kitchen inside and had a fish cleaning station right outside his front door lol.

Anyways, while having a beer around the fire i brought up the topic and the consensus was I'm overly paranoid and the bears wouldn't bother use .. with the grizzly hunting bans and this mentality ... just sayin ... only takes one time ...