Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babine Lake and area

Re: Babine Lake and area

Ootsa is a good one, Francis is another, uncha, burns lake area has 100 fishable bodies of water.

Re: Babine Lake and area

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Ootsa is a good one, Francis is another, uncha, burns lake area has 100 fishable bodies of water.
    These are all good options and I would add Binta, Richmond and Nadina. Ootsa should be respected it can get really ugly it it blows up

Ootsa, Nadina, and Richmond hold some big rainbows 10lb+ is possible in all 3

Francis, Uncha, and binta better for Lakers can break 30lbs but still good for 1-3lbs rainbows

Like SWAT said 100+ fishable lakes so it’s also possible to pick a base lake and branch out. Tons of smaller rainbow lakes that don’t see much pressure. There are lakes that I see fish jump in but can’t find a local who even knows someone that has fished them lol

As for not having experience with Lakers throw on a BIG spoon, plug or flatfishand a 5oz trolling weight and work deep structure you will find them. A fish finder makes a huge difference so do depth charts. Even targeting rainbows you get the odd one. I laugh every time I come across someone who is in shock some big fish just plucked a 2lb rainbow of their line when fishing Uncha or Binta lol