Thread: BCWF and the Ministry

BCWF and the Ministry

As a BCWF member, I am curious to know what engagement BCWF is having with the Ministry's 4 Phase Improved wildlife management and habitat conservation strategy for British Columbia. I just finished reading the first 2 publications and I see much of value for hunters and general conservationists. This could be an exciting time if we can help make BC a world-leader in the conservation of wildlife and their habitat.
    -Tom

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BCWF and the Ministry

BCWF had a rep at the initial meetings in Richmond and I suspect also at the follow up webinars. The Richmond meetings were all day affairs and the webinars, which dealt with individual issues on a follow up basis, were about 2-3 hours each. I also attended these. They are good, but the government asked a bunch of questions without committing. Keep your fingers crossed. Great potential, but the proof will be in the pudding.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Re: BCWF and the Ministry

Quote Originally Posted by Laxputs View Post
    As a BCWF member, I am curious to know what engagement BCWF is having with the Ministry's 4 Phase Improved wildlife management and habitat conservation strategy for British Columbia.I just finished reading the first 2 publications and I see much of value for hunters and general conservationists. This could be an exciting time if we can help make BC a world-leader in the conservation of wildlife and their habitat.
    -Tom
    Can you elaborate on the "much value for hunters", I'm curious, what am I missing?