Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We hung a trailcam at a bear carcass for 3 weeks. This is what happened...

Re: We hung a trailcam at a bear carcass for 3 weeks. This is what happened...

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Interesting video! Good job!

As expected the first carnivore arriving would be a bear since their sense of smell is much superior to other predators.

Never saw a turkey vulture(6:50) in the wild before. Neat.

Those are big bears!
    Proof that it doesn’t take long for the predators to clean up any animal remains.

Re: audio. The part where the bear is pulling apart the meat remains I would have recorded Treadwell’s pleadings & cries while being eaten alive!
    Funny I've never seen turkey vultures in there either. I wonder where they hang out when they aren't eating at a carcass in front of a cam. Probably eating at a carcass I don't know about I guess.

LOL @ The Treadwell bit. I do kind of regret not hanging one of the cams with sound capability as it seemed like there was some jaw clacking and vocalizations... but I only have two with sound and one has been acting funny. Who knows... different camera, different smell... might have been chewed up first day. I felt so lucky to find this cam still hanging where I left it.

Just put two cams over my gut and bloodshot meat pile tonight, one set to video and the other set to pictures on two different angles. Will go back and check it out Monday. Hoping for some cool footage as well!

Enjoyed your link, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Just put two cams over my gut and bloodshot meat pile tonight, one set to video and the other set to pictures on two different angles. Will go back and check it out Monday. Hoping for some cool footage as well!

Enjoyed your link, keep up the good work.
    I'd give it at least a couple weeks. Looking forward to your bear story thread and the trailcam footage!!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I'd give it at least a couple weeks. Looking forward to your bear story thread and the trailcam footage!!
    Tbh id be shocked If there was anything left there by Saturday morning with the amount of predators in that valley system, I'm headed back there hunting Monday, if the goods are gone I'll grab the cams if not I'll wait.

As for the story, that'll come after I tag out (and I'm extremely picky) otherwise I'll be hunting 7 days a week until then haha perks of a 6-2 job.

Seeing the Turkey Vulture was cool.(never seen one before around here)
    Also, amazing to see how interested bears get with trail cams!
    Good stuff, thanks

great footage. Thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I think I only saw one I'd consider big in the whole 3 hours, but not certain as there wasn't enough footage to judge.

Half thought about shooting one when it was up on a hill sizing up my brother below but it made the right choice.

Those bears in that pocket are uptight right now but I think I'm still alpha!!
    You think you’re alpha now just because you killed the asshole bear

Seeing a lot of runts this spring with only a glimpse of a truly big bear. He is a bear that has given myself and a few others the slip multiple times in the last few years. I even had to play hostage negotiator and talk my wife out of shooting a mid size bear. I think her itchy trigger fingers may get the best of her soon

You going to take your brother back out there?

great job...i liked your video thanks for sharring.

Thumbs up Re: We hung a trailcam at a bear carcass for 3 weeks. This is what happened...

Great footage.
    No Biggies though.
    Some did appear nervous, so there may be a larger one about. Maybe...

You have much different bears than we do over here.
    That trail cam would not have lasted past the first bear, let alone then number it did.
    Lost 5 cams to one bear a couple years back.
    His 7'7" hide now adorns my buddy's fireplace room.

Cheers & Thanks for sharing!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I thought the first bear that came in was a pretty decent bear, looked like a low rider and what I mean by a low rider is a bear that has a gut that hangs down and looks like they have short legs. Great video, never thought of doing that, have to try next time.