Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We hung a trailcam at a bear carcass for 3 weeks. This is what happened...

We hung a trailcam at a bear carcass for 3 weeks. This is what happened...

Some insane footage. My favorite part is the bear chasing the bobcat away. Can't believe my camera was still there after all that LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWIuQtaHr5I

Last edited by caddisguy; 05-15-2019 at 08:02 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: We hung a trailcam at a bear carcass for 3 weeks. This is what happened...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Very cool, thems bears sure are cannabilistic....

Nice but no big bears

I have run a few baited cams for the kids during the winter always some neat footage

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Very cool, thems bears sure are cannabilistic....
    This is why I was hesitant to return to the carcass to recover the skull and hang the cam. There's only one guy dumb enough to do that

There was nothing left. I tried to film it but we were getting eaten alive by skeeters. All we found was some hair, ribs and shoulder blades picked clean.

Lots of commotion last weekend after we got the cam too. I was hunting around there with my brother and we were getting huffed and growled at by a bunch of bears.

When I made my rounds I found poops with brown hair in it all over the valley bottom as far as 2km away. Those bears get around LOL

Thanks for sharing that, I always enjoy your adventures!

Liked the Golden eagle . . .

Interesting video! Good job!

As expected the first carnivore arriving would be a bear since their sense of smell is much superior to other predators.

Never saw a turkey vulture(6:50) in the wild before. Neat.

Those are big bears!
    Proof that it doesn’t take long for the predators to clean up any animal remains.

Re: audio. The part where the bear is pulling apart the meat remains I would have recorded Treadwell’s pleadings & cries while being eaten alive!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Awesome video!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Nice but no big bears

I have run a few baited cams for the kids during the winter always some neat footage
    I think I only saw one I'd consider big in the whole 3 hours, but not certain as there wasn't enough footage to judge.

Half thought about shooting one when it was up on a hill sizing up my brother below but it made the right choice.

Those bears in that pocket are uptight right now but I think I'm still alpha!!