Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to the hunting community for help with my son

Looking to the hunting community for help with my son

Hi Guys,
    I haven't posted for a while. My 9 year old son has developed what is fair to say is a life threatening physiological and mental disorder. According to everything I have read 1 in 5 don't make it. I am doing my best here in the city, but I know that if I could get him out it would do him so much good. He loves it outdoors and is asking me when we can go bear hunting. My thought is to take our wall tent and set it up somewhere within 3-4 hours of the Lower Mainland for about 13-16 days starting June 2nd. I could then bring the whole family out for a couple of days, and I could get him back and forth as needed. What I'm looking for is some advice on a safe place to do this as there may be a couple of nights in there where the tent and gear are left. It would also be good for there to be some bears around as that is part of the adventure and something he really wants to be a part of. I think that if I can get him out of the city and into the bush I have a chance to start gaining ground with him. I am taking the time off of work. My boy is the priority right now. Please PM me if you have any concrete ideas/suggestions. I have hunted plenty around Princeton and Tunkwa which are in that distance, but I'm not sure I know a good place to set up that will be safe when we're not around. If you can help I would really appreciate it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking to the hunting community for help with my son

You may get more response from Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HuntingBc/

I think if you want some sense of security while you are away, probably best to look at resort campgrounds....PM inbound with a suggestion
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

guest Guest

Pm sent to you.

If you’re interested in heading over to Vancouver Island, PM me, I can point you in the right direction where you’ll likely get into some bear action.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

PM sent to you
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

yeah pick a nice lake with a campground and people around that can make sure your gear is safe...good luck!

Positive results start with active parents. Looks like you have that. Best of luck in your situation. Coming from experience, never stop pushing the medical system, it is the only way to get the best help for your child.
    Last edited by cameron0518; 05-13-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Will send you a PM...

Good luck to both you and your son. I don’t know much about mainland hunting but if you come to Vancouver Island I can put you on some bears for sure. Pm Sent