Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many pairs of socks?

Hybrid View

How many pairs of socks?

I was just wondering how many pairs of socks you mountain hunters pack with you?

On multi day hikes I always bring a few pairs and wash them out, but when I was out with some friends last summer they wore the same pair of merino socks for 5 straight days. I didn稚 give their feet a sniff, but they said no problems with moist, stinky feet.

I have ave a couple pairs of icebreakers I wear pretty religiously and I知 going to see how many days I can go this summer without changing them. I知 betting I値l breakdown and change them long before the 5 day mark.

On a side note. Does anyone have a hack for wearing the same pair of underwear for 5 days? Lol
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How many pairs of socks?

2-3 pairs depending on the conditions should be adequate for 90+% of the hunts in BC.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

When I first started hunting I was with a group of more experience outdoorsmen. I don't know what they did for socks but I do know that on the last night of our 7 day hunt, there was a ceremonial burning of underwear and socks. I made the assumption that they brought 2 of each item. One to wear for the week and then one clean set to wear for the trip home.

Deluth bucknaked underwear can be work for days on end

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I was just wondering

On a side note. Does anyone have a hack for wearing the same pair of underwear for 5 days? Lol

First off you can get 4 days by spinning them from to back and then flipping them inside out and spinning them again. On day 5 you just pick the cleanest panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    First off you can get 4 days by spinning them from to back and then flipping them inside out and spinning them again. On day 5 you just pick the cleanest panel.
    After that yu can use them as toalet paper smell is gonna be like bear bites,,dont keep them around ya camp..

so after two days of farting and rubbing your dirty ass on your undies, you flip them and wear the dirty ass part on the front? lol that's friggin gross

Quote Originally Posted by slowjo View Post
    so after two days of farting and rubbing your dirty ass on your undies, you flip them and wear the dirty ass part on the front? lol that's friggin gross
    No- I wipe my ass after using it so it's not dirty - I guess if you don't clean up after business then things get a little tricky. Hey, shit happens but I personally can use my underwear over the weekend provided there was no shrapnel. Carry a small package of non-scented Wet-ones for your final cleanup. Your 5-hole will thank you.

No- I wipe my ass after using it so it's not dirty - I guess if you don't clean up after business then things get a little tricky. Hey, shit happens but I personally can use my underwear over the weekend provided there was no shrapnel. Carry a small package of non-scented Wet-ones for your final cleanup. Your 5-hole will thank you.
    Wet ones or baby wipes are a lifesaver
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2 days or 14 days, I pack 2 pairs of light smart wool socks and one pair of medium or heavy smart wool socks. Any time I stop for 15 minutes or more, I have my crocks on and the pair I’m wearing dry out quick.