Thread: Try on a Kifaru, stone glacier or Exo pack near Vancouver

Try on a Kifaru, stone glacier or Exo pack near Vancouver

Hi All, I would like to try on a Kifaru, Exo, Mystery Ranch, and stone glacier X curve pack or pack frame in the lower mainland. Is there anybody out there with one of these packs who would let me try them on and load them up to see how they carry before I purchase my own? There doesn’t seem to be many places where I can go local or even within a day trip where I could try on more than one of these packs. I have a friend with a kuiu, but I am leaning towards the stone glacier express. Thanks for any help and this forum! I don’t post here often but I am a steady troll.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Try on a Kifaru, stone glacier or Exo pack near Vancouver

I’ve got a 2nd gen Kifaru longhunter if you’re ever around the comox valley.
    That being said, I’m upgrading, or renewing I could say, this year too. The pack is tired but done well !
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

I have a stone glacier xcurve frame with talus bag but I’m in victoria

I have a MR and it's packed and ready with about 50lbs of gear. It's set up for my body size and I'm 6ft and 220lbs has a medium waist belt. You're welcome to try it out.
    I'm in Surrey and or Abbotsford
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

I have a Stone Glacier x curve frame and 6900 bag and a buddy up the street from me has Exo 5500. but we live in Campbell River. If you get to the Island your more than welcome to try them out.

I have an exo 3500 with the k2 frame. I’m in mission and work in Langley. Looks like they are coming out with a new frame and pack soon though. The new one looks sweet.
    Last edited by KBC; 05-17-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks all. Bought a stone glacier 6900 and it did well on the pack out. Still need to get it dialed in for fit though

Quote Originally Posted by robllachance View Post
    Thanks all. Bought a stone glacier 6900 and it did well on the pack out. Still need to get it dialed in for fit though
    Nice I bought the xcurve band sky 5900 love it so far

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Nice I bought the xcurve band sky 5900 love it so far
    yeah i packed out 140lbs of ram with it and a buddy and it carried a 100lb load pretty good

You packed the ram out and your buddy, did you de-bone him as well?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕