Thread: Warning to bc sheep hunters.

Threaded View

Re: Warning to bc sheep hunters.

I think the question a judge has to ask is: is there doubt as to the legality of the sheep as defined by law?

In this case, the law states: "full curl thinhorn ram mountain sheep" means any thinhorn ram mountain sheep that has attained the age of 8 years as evidenced by true horn annuli as determined by the regional manager or designate, or whose horn tip, when viewed squarely from the side at right angles to the sagittal plane of the skull, extends dorsally beyond the nose bridge plane;

So while I agree that the sheep more than likely is 8 years old, it does not meet the full curl physical definition and is not aged at 8, as evidenced by true horn annuli.
    If the government started giving a pass on something as important as what defines a legal sheep from an illegal sheep, as stated by law, then that is a slippery slope to go down.

I am not debating on assumed age (8.5), but I wouldn't have shot that ram myself.

Maybe the law needs to be re-written, but I am not sure how it could be made clearer. Unfortunate situation though.
    Last edited by kitnayakwa77; 05-15-2019 at 11:21 AM.