Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Bear 2019

Re: Spring Bear 2019

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Nice bear and nice shooting.

To get the picture bigger, you need to upload it to a site like imgur.com and then link it by clicking on the picture icon... be sure to uncheck the box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Either way though, the picture gives a good idea of the bear and happy hunter. Congrats!!
    DONE! Thanks Caddis Guy and thanks everyone else for the congrats
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Great pics to boot! Looks like some nice country. Thick and steep, grass poking through. Once again, way to go! Thanks for writing it up.

What’s your rifle set up out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    What’s your rifle set up out of curiosity?
    Sako 85 Finnlight .300wsm topped with Swaro Z6 3-18x50 with custom dial.

Had the gun braked and it's made a huge difference in how comfortable I am and in turn boosted confidence to extend my range.

Shooting 190 Vld handloads

Congratulations on a great spring weekend and the excellent writeup.

Congrats, thanks for sharing!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Congrats, nice bear..

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Sako 85 Finnlight .300wsm topped with Swaro Z6 3-18x50 with custom dial.

Had the gun braked and it's made a huge difference in how comfortable I am and in turn boosted confidence to extend my range.

Shooting 190 Vld handloads
    Congrats on a fine bear. Curious on your brake...is it super loud? I’m contemplating one for my 300wm but have concerns I won’t remember to wear ear protection while hunting because I haven’t done so in over 32 years of hunting.
    Live to Hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    Congrats on a fine bear. Curious on your brake...is it super loud? I’m contemplating one for my 300wm but have concerns I won’t remember to wear ear protection while hunting because I haven’t done so in over 32 years of hunting.
    It's definitely made the gun noticeably louder, I have taken one shot when I forgot to put ear protection on and it hurt(already have minor tinnitus). I've definitely heard louder braked guns but I wouldnt recommend shooting one with out hearing protection... if you can remember to carry a set of plugs and put them in, you will be very very happy with a brake in my opinion.

I have the same fear as you, breaking the habit of not putting in ear protection is hard. I have a couple things I'm going to be trying as a way to remember such as getting corded plugs to keep around my neck, taping a set of plugs to the stock, and maybe a couple other things.

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    It's definitely made the gun noticeably louder, I have taken one shot when I forgot to put ear protection on and it hurt(already have minor tinnitus). I've definitely heard louder braked guns but I wouldnt recommend shooting one with out hearing protection... if you can remember to carry a set of plugs and put them in, you will be very very happy with a brake in my opinion.

I have the same fear as you, breaking the habit of not putting in ear protection is hard. I have a couple things I'm going to be trying as a way to remember such as getting corded plugs to keep around my neck, taping a set of plugs to the stock, and maybe a couple other things.
    The U-shaped ear muffs work great for hunting. Super light and easy to put on.