Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skeena Shut Down

Arrow Re: Skeena Shut Down

Gitxsan Chiefs answer confusion regarding recent fishing ban

Further information has been released by the Gitxsan Hereditary Chiefs to alleviate any confusion around their fishing ban.
    Earlier this year, the Band announced the closure of salmon fishing activites on their territories.

Under Gitxsan traditional law, this means that band members are only permitted to utilize their own house group’s fishing hole.
    In order to use another Gitxsan site, they would need to seek permission from that house group’s Chief.

According to the Band’s statement, current provincial and federal law does not permit trespassing by those holding a fishing permit or guide license.

The ban is currently in effect at all tenured fisheries in the Skeena Watershed, between Legate Creek, and the Upper Skeena to the north.

A copy of the statement follows:

https://www.cfnrfm.ca/2019/05/22/git...t-fishing-ban/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Skeena Shut Down

I'm confused... They now make and enforce laws ??

Thumbs down Re: Skeena Shut Down

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Welcome to New Kanada...

Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

That's how I read it. So what are they going to do if we don't obey? Road blockades can work both ways.

Last time I checked the government issues the license this binding me to a contract with them. I pay the fees and follow their rules. Until the government tells me otherwise that's what I will continue to do.

They can suck 14,000 dicks throughout the world !
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Will not and never abide by rules that arent made up or enforced by our government.

The "rule of law" is threatened weekly in this country, we have only been under the manifesto of the UN in their blanket UNDRIP policy for less than 3 years, whats the future going to look like......We need to hold Trudeau responsible for this entire dumpster fire.

Thumbs up Re: Skeena Shut Down

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    The "rule of law" is threatened weekly in this country, we have only been under the manifesto of the UN in their blanket UNDRIP policy for less than 3 years, whats the future going to look like......We need to hold Trudeau responsible for this entire dumpster fire.
    October is coming...

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

You know, if everyone would just move out of BC there would be no tax base to finance this bullshit and no money to hand to the entitled greedy...

They'd hafta leave Canada, because this "bullshit" is intra vires the federal government. All the salmon stuff is courtesy Justin and the gang.
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell