Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog whistles?

Re: Dog whistles?

I keep thinking I should order another Acme 640 in case I was to ever lose mine since I use it on every outing and training session. They're a great training tool! Hopefully I won't jinx myself here but I'm still using the same one I bought over two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    How many of you guys have trained your dog with a whistle? If so, what whistle works for you?

I bought a Fox 40 whistle and have trained my GSP pretty well with recall, but the thing is so loud I feel like my ears are going to burn off. Im looking for something quieter, but effective.

I have heard many UK dog/hunting trainers use the Acme gun dog whistle 210.5 or 211.5. Anyone have experience with them here?
    I hate Fox 40 whistles. Fox 40 is an arena whistle. Think hockey, the whole team can hear it no matter where they are in the arena. It is loud and shrill so anyone within 100 yards can hear it. Now think about your hunting partner, training buddies or judges standing behind or beside you only a few feet away. I am loosing my hearing and I swear it started with using a Fox 40 PLUS being beside people who use them for years.

I prefer to use The Answer. Its a shrouded whistle so the sound is directed towards the dog. Not my ears or the people I am with. It also a pea-less whistle so the amount of air needed to blow is not great. Shrouded whistles that have a pea in them are also available.

I have this and a Fox 40 as a backup on the same lanyard. Two whistles case you never know when one will fail..... which does happen.

https://www.gundogsupply.com/luckydo...competion.html

Lots to choose from …. whether you're looking for a traditional whistle with a pea or a pealess version - Acme 635, Roy Gonia, Mega, Mega Clear, The Answer, Dallasasse FT or HT. And you don't need to go to US retailer …. all available on this side of the border!
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Creek View Post
    Lots to choose from …. whether you're looking for a traditional whistle with a pea or a pealess version - Acme 635, Roy Gonia, Mega, Mega Clear, The Answer, Dallasasse FT or HT. And you don't need to go to US retailer …. all available on this side of the border!
    Where is a good place to buy? I know you can get them on amazon but with shipping being more than the whistle itself, it’s annoying. I would like to get an Acme 210.5

alles ist besser auf deutschland

https://www.amazon.com/Herm-Sprenger.../dp/B005OTGIHG

also available locally in yer favourite petshop...

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    Where is a good place to buy? I know you can get them on amazon but with shipping being more than the whistle itself, it’s annoying. I would like to get an Acme 210.5
    https://www.dakotacreekretrievers.com/

is the only place to shop for dog stuff in Canada. Great selection, great prices and hands down the best customer service in the industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.