Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May long black bear around Quesnel?

May long black bear around Quesnel?

So we're taking the kids out of school for a couple days and making it an extra long long may long

I've hunted east of Quesnel for Bears around Barkerville but usually not until end of may.. first week in June or second week of June depending on snow levels

This time because of the boys time off we're stuck being unflexible... I was thinking of driving out west of quesnel setting up camp and then driving out of there exploring... we ve had good luck out west before although it was later in may again..

Any suggestions we have endless bear tags and no game meat in the freezer.. not looking for rugs or mounts just want to whack and stack to keep our food bill down and save some moose..
    Last edited by ElectricDyck; 05-22-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: May long black bear around Quesnel?

Taken some nice bear north of Quesnel between the Hyw and the fraser river,lots of logged off area's presenting numerous spot and stock opportunities.East of the Hyw is good also all the way up to PG
    goodluck to your boys

takla
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Black bear Sows with cubs have been seen but no boars yet. They are hungry. No grass yet to bring the boars out!
    1 Grizzly is out. Seen tracks.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

400 and 200 Rds make a nice loop and hold bears.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

bears are out everywhere now, anything that dens longer than now is dead. The next month is best bear hunting of the year, get out and they are road side eating grass

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    bears are out everywhere now, anything that dens longer than now is dead. The next month is best bear hunting of the year, get out and they are road side eating grass
    Just starting to be ok in pokers here but 7-10days will be deadly.

I am head your direction next weekend because Smithers is usually 1- 1 1/2 weeks ahead with green up

Im heading that direction too during the May long!

Smithers hot spots- Nilkitkwa rd, Telkwa River rd, Fulton South Rd are good early season.

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    Smithers hot spots- Nilkitkwa rd, Telkwa River rd, Fulton South Rd are good early season.
    Agree around Fulton Lake and Chapman Lake has been good to me

Pack a boat and cruise to Rainbow Alley, catch a pile of rainbows on the fly, then drive home at dusk and see multiple bears. Cast and Blast