Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bino Recommendations

Bino Recommendations

I'm starting to save up for and research my next pair of binoculars. I had a pair of Bushnell H20 before they disappeared and they were ok, but not great. My dad has a pair of Bushnell Elite that I like, but they're not made anymore.

My use is general outdoor use, on the water while fly fishing and a bit of hunting.

I'm currently looking at options from Zeiss, Bushnell, Leica and Leupold. I'm not interested in any Vortex products due to too many bad experiences.

Requirements:

- $600 give or take a bit
    - 10x42
    - Waterproof
    - Rugged
    - Good low light performance
    - Not Vortex

What do you folks use and suggest I check out?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bino Recommendations

I recommend leupold, the zeiss and leica in that price range are a much lower quality version with their name on it, likely off shore. Bushell has screwed me twice on warranty the only 2 times I needed it. A poor decision on their part as I have bought 0 products from them since, however I have been very happy with all the leupold stuff I have bought and none of them have ever needed warranty whatsoever.

I also hear Nikon offers good value for the money but have no first hand knowledge of that.

Nikon Monarch 7 are good in your budget.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...x43-Binoculars

This is a great binocular. I’ve been using mine for over 10 years when they first came out. They are very compact and lightweight for a 43mm binocular and great glass. My brother has a newer pair of the German made model and it is sharper than my original HG.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 05-05-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Leupold proguide hd bx-3
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I have Nikon monarch 5s. They are a couple hundred less than the vortex vipers and looked better to me. They go on sale at cabela's for around $400 quite often.

Leupold is always a quality choice in that range. For your $600 budget though I'd be going with the Zeiss Terras, personally.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

You don’t want to hear it but a used pair of vortex viper HDs will be the best in that price range

Take a look at maven. My brother in-law bought the C-1. Glass looks. A lot of good reviews on them.

I’d take a serious look at the used Minox that are in the classifieds here on hbc. You won’t find much better glass under a grand. If I had the extra money I would have bought them already. I currently use the bushnell elite 10x42, and they were good for the price I paid. The minox would be better.