Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bino Recommendations

Re: Bino Recommendations

For that price hard to beat maven C1

i just bought some lecia trinovid from precision optics they were a bit more money but if you buy good stuff up front might save you in the long run.

There are some good deals to be had used also

Lol, $600 is a small bino budget, and yet you've ruled out Vortex.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Steiner Predator 10x42

Coming back to this thread to thank everyone for all the opinions, knowledge and PMs I recieved. It helped alot. Unfortunately, I just got laid off so all toy purchases are on hold for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I've owned Vortex optics in the past and simply don't like them. They work for some people but not me. I know my budget was/is small, but considering my my use is relatively casual compared to alot of hardcore hunters, I'd rather keep the bino budget smaller and be able to shoot and fish more.

I am happy with my Athlon midas 10x42 that I got on sale for under 300

Quote Originally Posted by Frank grimes View Post
    I’d take a serious look at the used Minox that are in the classifieds here on hbc. You won’t find much better glass under a grand. If I had the extra money I would have bought them already. I currently use the bushnell elite 10x42, and they were good for the price I paid. The minox would be better.
    X2 on Minox, I have 2 pair, 8x42 and 10x52, the 10x52 are the one's with Schott glass and are great bino's. The 8x42's are really good, but not as good as Leica's but Leica's are at least 3x the cost and are not 3x's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
    I'm starting to save up for and research my next pair of binoculars. I had a pair of Bushnell H20 before they disappeared and they were ok, but not great. My dad has a pair of Bushnell Elite that I like, but they're not made anymore.

My use is general outdoor use, on the water while fly fishing and a bit of hunting.

I'm currently looking at options from Zeiss, Bushnell, Leica and Leupold. I'm not interested in any Vortex products due to too many bad experiences.

Requirements:

- $600 give or take a bit
    - 10x42
    - Waterproof
    - Rugged
    - Good low light performance
    - Not Vortex

What do you folks use
    and suggest I check out?
    I have used BAUSCH & LOMB Discoverer 10X42 ever since I can remember.
    The only bad experience I had was leaving them in the bush after field dressing a fair size buck. It snowed all night & was extremely cold but LT(308 LOVER) somehow found them the next day.

Eve has used Vortex VIPER 10X42 for a long time & loves them.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

x2 .... that really cuts your options down BIG TIME.

Have you looked at Maven optics? They are getting good reviews and ought to fit that budget nicely!

Let us know what you end up going with

snagged my Steiners for $350 on sale, display model open box. They have clear glass and seem to work well. Deals can be had for decent binos for under $600. Lots of decent budget equipment out there if one looks.

I have the 10x42 Vortex Diamondbacks. It's have nice clear glass, and tough as nails. Open bridge design, very comfortable to hold. I found a nice review about it here- https://opticsaddict.com/
    Last edited by Derekmson; 07-12-2019 at 09:44 PM.