Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7b moose hunt

7b moose hunt

Hey me and my hunting group are looking at doing a hunt up north in region 7b.We went up to PG a few years ago and got skunked. We are looking at hunting near pink mountain or fort nelson during September. I've been looking on here for info for that area and I've looked on Google earth.We will also take an elk, caribou, whitetail, or mulie if we get the chance but we will mainly be focused on moose. I was just wondering if those are some good areas and if we should call during September? oh and what are the grouse numbers like up there? All tips will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7b moose hunt

Lots of grouse silly amounts ... moose pops are good depending on where you hunt lots of country lots Of animals limited access ... do you have a jet boat ? Calling works great in late September the majority of moose we shoot we call in Had alot of success up there but I hear different from others so who knows.... lots of info with Fsr roads on here do some research and You will get into game wherever you go
    Last edited by Liveforthehunt; 02-17-2015 at 08:50 PM.

No we don't have a jet boat but we all have quads. I was looking on Google earth near pink mountain on the west side of the highway and there seems to be quite a few roads in that area.

Yes just watch for road restrictions ect there are a few all the way up north of ft Nelson steamboat ect

It's all good in 7B if you put the time in on the ground. I don't know of a bad area anywhere in 7B. I work all over many parts of it extensively. But I avoid other hunters like they have the plague.

The only sure thing is buying beef at the butchers on the way home. The wife might never find out!

thanks guys for the tips! I will be researching like crazy for this trip

has anyone hunted near prophet river?

When I hunted it the prophet had elk and moose on it. I did a float trip down for two days in August one year. Passed on a couple small Bulls.

That sounds awesome tinhorse!

Don't just go with a moose tag.... Get a elk tag also..cause if ya just have a moose tag all your going to see are elk