Thread: Are double treble hook crank baits legal, if not which hook do I remove?

Are double treble hook crank baits legal, if not which hook do I remove?

I bought a bunch of crankbaits online with 2 treble hooks. One on the tail and another on the under side. According to regulations you can only fish with one hook. So which hook do I remove to minimize the effect it has on movement? This is what I bought. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B017K8...b_b_asin_image

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Are double treble hook crank baits legal, if not which hook do I remove?

What page in the regulations does it say that? What region?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I imagine you are referring to 'single, barbless' lakes. Swap out hooks for single siwash or inline hooks, keep two on if you like. The single refers to 'one hook' per hook, ie no trebles, does not mean you can't have two single hooks per lure.... no different than bucktails etc that have two hooks

Quote Originally Posted by thick View Post
    I imagine you are referring to 'single, barbless' lakes. Swap out hooks for single siwash or inline hooks, keep two on if you like. The single refers to 'one hook' per hook, ie no trebles, does not mean you can't have two single hooks per lure.... no different than bucktails etc that have two hooks
    Page 9 on province wide regs. It says your license permits you to fish with 1 line, 1 artificial lure or fly is attached.

You are fine with double trebles in lakes unless the lake has a single hook rule. All rivers/streams are single barbless so one single hook no barb

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    You are fine with double trebles in lakes unless the lake has a single hook rule. All rivers/streams are single barbless so one single hook no barb
    So what is page 9 referring to? I just dont want to get in trouble. It doesnt say lakes only.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    So what is page 9 referring to? I just dont want to get in trouble. It doesnt say lakes only.
    Your Crankbait is still 1 lire it just has two hooks attached to it

Oh okay so as long as the 2 hooks are on 1 lure it's okay. Just no pickerel rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    Oh okay so as long as the 2 hooks are on 1 lure it's okay. Just no pickerel rigs.
    Correct no pickerel rigs, hopper dropper or any other rig like that. Basically no set ups with two lures flies or baits