Thread: Release: hook vs caliper

Release: hook vs caliper

It's time to replace my release. Looking at the different options out there, I'm curious to hear people's opinion on hook vs calipers. There seems to be claims that the release can introduce torque, and some hook style releases claim to introduce less torque than a caliper. My initial thought was that I was surprised to hear a release could give torque, and if so I would think a dual caliper gave the least as it is letting up evenly on both sides of string. While a hook is only on one side.

Anyone out there with insight on this? Advantages to one over the other?

Main priority is hunting. And I'll go with a wrist style over handheld. Don't want to risk dropping it.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Release: hook vs caliper

Go with whatever feels right to you ... and put on a D-loop on your string ... A swivel head will not torque either if you feel you must shoot off the string .. but a proper d-loop will solve all torque issues
    a decent vid that shows D-loop torque
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwVa2FWytkA
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Go with whatever feels right to you ... and put on a D-loop on your string ... A swivel head will not torque either if you feel you must shoot off the string .. but a proper d-loop will solve all torque issues
    a decent vid that shows D-loop torque
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwVa2FWytkA
    Thanks for this. Yes I have a D-loop on my string.

I have and use a tru fire hardcore max foldback buckle hook style release, love it because it's easy to set on the loop, adjustable trigger pull and travel,has a full 360* swivelling head so no torque and the wrist strap is very padded

I personally use the true ball Fang 3 release love it.I switched from a trigger release to a thumb released years ago after trying it and getting better groups

I love my Stan Sx3 3 finger release. It improved my grouping almost instantly