Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What brand of kibble are you feed ing your hunting dog? Price per pound?

Re: What brand of kibble are you feed ing your hunting dog? Price per pound?

Kibble is for dogs, what Beyond meat burger is for people.
    If you knew what was in it, you probably wouldn't eat it.
    But convenience trumps everything.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    Once a day in the eveing based in part on this article written by probably the most respected professional Retriever trainer in the world and backed by scientific research. Definitely worth a read.

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/documen...erformance.pdf
    Pretty sure it was you that posted this link about three years ago because it's still on my Bookmark Favourites. It makes good sense but I'm still on a twice a day feeding schedule. I'd like to switch over to once a day but my dog is such a foodie that I know she would pester me to death!

I think what i'd like to try is to feed her a smaller ration in the morning, then the full once a day meal amount that evening which would really fill her up ,and then hopefully it would get her through to the next evening meal.

Alberta hunting addicts had a huge discussion on this on fb.

Kibble good raw meat bad, apparently.

I feed our goldens raw. Not fried garbage kibble.

This site sure doesn't like PPP 30/20, 1 out of 5 rating, https://www.pawdiet.com/reviews/puri...-dry-dog-food/
    but some of their 'controversial content' items are themselves questionable
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I've been thinking about trying PPP because at the moment I really don't have any other choice. Based on other reviews by bird dog owners I've seen and read about they have all been very positive. Right now I'm feeding my griff Victor Hi Pro Plus which is also a 30/20 blend but I'll be out of it in another couple of weeks. My high energy dog has been doing great on it! I only have to feed her 2 2/3 c daily spread over two meals because it has almost 500 calories per cup.

My dogs poops are always solid and really small telling me it doesn't have a bunch of useless filler in it. She obviously loves it because it takes her less than 5 seconds to empty the bowl. LOL

So WHY am I switching to another kibble?? Well, I have no other choice because it's not available in Canada. I have it shipped to Blaine, just a short jaunt across the border for me,,,, and now that the borders are all closed to non essential traffic I'm hooped until they reopen whenever that will be.

Until I hear a few bad things about PPP I'll still give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    What breed of dog are you running?
    Sorry ..... just saw this!

Have Labs ..... currently ages 12 1/2, 8, 6 and 3. All are on PPP Sport / Performance - good coats, small stools and healthy with LOTS of "go" for training, testing and hunting.

The old girl doing well enough to reach HRC's 500 Pt club at 11 1/2 years old after only discovering HRC Finished tests 3 years ago.
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

I have used lots of different brands of kibble currently have been feeding raw for last 2 years but conssidering maybe kibble again, i feed twice a day so
    maybe try one feeding kibble, one raw one brand thinking of trying is Inukshuk.