Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cariboo chilcotin imminent loss of hunting access ?

Re: Cariboo chilcotin imminent loss of hunting access ?

Hmmmm New Westminister debating removing judge Mathew Begbie. ..natives ecstatic the hanging judge is beingvremoved for what he did to the 6 Chilcotin Chiefs.
    Hmm he hung 6 convicted murderers..
    Political correctness gone tòòooooooooooooooooooo far.
    Srupp

I know fn who hunt in Canada as routine, they do it in bc and out on the prairie's, I dont know about back east but I suspect the same....and they are of the same territory. I'm surprised this isn't more well known, it is anywhere along the Canadian/USA border I have seen/been.

On the second point you raise..... you are right there....I just think to make the FN happy they will pour cash into wildlife and turn it into a reconciliation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmmm New Westminister debating removing judge Mathew Begbie. ..natives ecstatic the hanging judge is beingvremoved for what he did to the 6 Chilcotin Chiefs.
    Hmm he hung 6 convicted murderers..
    Political correctness gone tòòooooooooooooooooooo far.
    Srupp
    See #28
    http://newwestcity.ca.granicus.com/D...3d0.pdf&view=1
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

It's the United Nations at work in our country AGAIN.
    Greenpeace is also pushing the indigenous UNDRIP angle for environmental protection, they would happily have NO PUBLIC ACCESS land throughout the entire country.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/canada-still-not-saying-how-it-will-hit-un-commitment-on-land-protection-by-2020-1.3993287

Canada still not saying how it will hit UN commitment on land protection by 2020

OTTAWA -- Environment Minister Catherine McKenna says Canada is committed to meeting its promise to protect about one-sixth of its land and waterways by 2020, but won't say if the government has yet identified how it will get there.
    If such a plan exists, it wasn't revealed today after a meeting between McKenna and her provincial and territorial counterparts in Ottawa, although she says progress was made in identifying possible targets for protection.
    McKenna also says some of the $1.3 billion for nature protections announced in the recent budget will start to flow this summer, with money available to provinces, territories, Indigenous governments and non-profits to push forward protection projects that are ready to go.

It has been eight years since Canada committed under the UN Convention on Biological Diversity to protect 17 per cent of its land and fresh water by 2020. A year ago, the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society warned Canada was lagging behind most of the rest of the world in meeting that goal.

Canada still has to find a way to protect about 650,000 square kilometres of land -- an area roughly the size of Saskatchewan -- and the process to set aside protected lands can be lengthy and complicated.

Alison Woodley, national director of conservation at the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, says today's meeting and the fact money is starting to flow are good steps forward, even if there is a long way to go.

https://www.greenpeace.org/canada/en...ou-protection/

"The woodland caribou has been on the Species at Risk list for over 15 years. According to the 2017 report of the Social Progress Institute, prepared by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard Business School, Canada ranks 88th in the world in terms of habitat protection on its territory.

Better protecting this nationally threatened species would help Canada meet its international commitments under the Convention on Biological Diversity to protect 17 percent of its lands and inland waters by 2020. Taking these steps in equal partnership with Indigenous Peoples also offers an important opportunity to implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...677129073.html

Today, in Victoria, the Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Catherine McKenna, outlined how the historic $1.3 billion investment in nature and conservation, announced in Budget 2018, will enable the protection of Canada's natural places and the recovery and preservation of wildlife in Canada. The investment will contribute $500 million from the federal government to create a new $1 billion Nature Fund in partnership with corporate, not for-profit, provincial, territorial and other partners. The Fund will make it possible to secure private land, support provincial and territorial species protection efforts, and help build Indigenous capacity to conserve land and species.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see a detailed budget to know exactly which non-profit groups are getting a piece of this $1.3 billion

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...gacy/fund.html
    Related funding initiatives

Indigenous Guardians Pilot Program
    This program gives Indigenous peoples greater opportunities to exercise responsibility in on-the-ground stewardship of their traditional lands, waters, and ice.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...ogram/map.html

What are the chances this is tied to the "Tŝilhqot'in Nation pilot Indigenous Guardian program (by the Tŝilhqot'in National Government)"???
    Last edited by Sirloin; 05-06-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I agree action or inaction don't matter, the laws are against us, the judges are against us, the school books are against us, the green religion money making machine is great at fundraising and are just picking up speed..it's over..hunting and fishing will be for Indians and people who can afford to hire Indian guides..
    The green religion money making machine is getting a chunk of that $1.3 Billion of tax payer money no doubt...

There are some dark storm clouds on the horizon.

The fault of the nastiness that will likely come, rests on the vile UN and their repugnant "policies", the "leaders" (federal/provincial/munucipal etc..) who are f***ing everything up, and the citizens who are either too blind or stupid to understand, condone, and willfully support the aforementioned pieces of dogsh*t.

If this path continues, it will get really ugly.....

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I know fn who hunt in Canada as routine, they do it in bc and out on the prairie's,
    I don't doubt that. What I do doubt, and unless they've been invited, the local FN would support it.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Kiss goodbye the hunting in BC if we don't stop Turdo from adopting all that the UN propose.
    It was a liberal MP from Toronto working with the 2 native ministers in Van that is pushing all this FN Cariboo land claim stuff.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Kiss goodbye the hunting in BC if we don't stop Turdo from adopting all that the UN propose.
    It was a liberal MP from Toronto working with the 2 native ministers in Van that is pushing all this FN Cariboo land claim stuff.
    It would be good if some of the traitors to Canada fell down the stairs and landed on a sharp knife.

I'm no fan of the UN and I do believe they are trying to influence Canada is some pretty nefarious ways. But if they had that much love for the FN you'd think they'd first focus on getting them fresh drinking water. As we all know, there are reserves in Canada that don't have clean water. Where's the UN's influence there? It's not about giving anything to the FN. They'll be dealt with after we are. It's about dividing and conquering.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU