Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cariboo chilcotin imminent loss of hunting access ?

Re: Cariboo chilcotin imminent loss of hunting access ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Could very well be a war on the horizon.
    Yup.........we might just have to finally stand up for our rights....

Honestly, 10 years ago, I had no real issues with the FN.
    I'd say 5 years ago, FN things were starting to hit my radar of concern.
    2 years ago, I had do deal with the FN run campsite (refuse to ever use another one!!)
    And now, I am pissed.

So, I can only surmise that the FN - NON FN Divide is at it biggest point ever, in a long-long-long time!!
    This has not brought Reconciliation.
    Not at all!!
    This is not going to end well.

Every time the government raises taxes and a non hunter bitches to you....(gas prices etc, this is what u do)
    Just tell them 1 out of 6 dollars goes to the FN!
    That will wake people up!!!
    And they won't like it.
    That's how you start to rock the boat and fix it.

^^^I agree....how could we start an online petition asking government to stop giving them so much? Circle that around Facebook etc and that would also educate people..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    ^^^I agree....how could we start an online petition asking government to stop giving them so much? Circle that around Facebook etc and that would also educate people..
    Presently that has no hope of achieving results because of Trudeau embracing the UN and UNDRIP

But what can at least make a step in the right direction is attempt to get people to push for Canada to leave the UN and scrap UNDRIP here in Canada. With this being an election year and Cons leading the polls it is possible for a change in direction. A lot of Canadians out there who don’t even think about FN still want out of the UN so this makes it easier to gain support

Petitions or any form of push towards present government is a waste. FN issues still need to be addressed we have to except that but we can try to push for realistic plans to accomplish this

Several threads all tie together, the common theme in the air is "dishonesty" Confidential meetings, flying under the radar,
    no media coverage etc.

I implore you guys to go to the BC treaty commission site http://www.bctreaty.ca/ have a look around and see for yourself.

The average Native has no idea whats going on, and I doubt very, very, much that any at the top had any idea that we would be at the point we are today.
    The UN are playing a massive role in this entire process, I would like to ask our political masters one simple question,
    why did you accept UNDRIP in its entirety?....I think I know why.

I'm afraid racism is going to increase to levels never before seen in this country, thanks to all those involved who thought they were doing the right thing, now you have put Native people in a real bad place. Native friends I have been talking to are really concerned, as well they should be, and when I hear some guys talk I just put my head in my hands.

Our Fathers and Grandfathers fought for this country, they fought to maintain "freedoms" that we have enjoyed thus far, those freedoms are going to cease to exist, those freedoms are fake.

^^^^^yes to this.
    And yes to racism "growing" due to these more recent events that are happening.

I am just not sure whether to be upset about it all?
    OR
    Thankful, because it is making more and more people aware of these issues (and they aren't happy either)
    and maybe this is actually not the end us, but rather the beginning of some new changes to scrap this
    whole financial/land BS and tying it all in with reconciliation.

Anybody remember Willy442
    He talked about this a number of yrs back, and people scoffed at him.
    His prophecy is coming true today...
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

"In the end, we will be paying for habitat restoration just so the frickin FN have it good!"

I think that that idea has already gained some legal traction - as in, the government has a fiduciary obligation to ensure that FNs can practice traditional practices as part of their constitutional rights. I'm not saying its fair, right, legal, or anything. I'm just saying that Bugle's comment isn't as far-fetched or new as some may think. Change is coming. We're going to have to figure out how to manage it or we're going to not be happy with the results.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Honestly, I don't know how we go forward anymore.
    Almost thinking we have to go backwards to a time where it "wasn't pretty".?
    As barbaric and thoughtless as that sounds, it seems like this is the only path left.
    The Government and their lawyer friends don't give a shit about "Our" future and our next generation
    of kids to follow.

Just look at the Salmon Ban.
    There is still going to be nets across the river come summer.
    Truth is, every fisherman with a boat is going to have to rally together and start "slicing up nets".
    That's how we make the news it seems now.

Anything less than civil disobedience is going to be left unheard.
    It this type of action that I really think is the only path left now.
    Time to fight back and leave the signs behind (no one is reading them anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Honestly, I don't know how we go forward anymore.
    Almost thinking we have to go backwards to a time where it "wasn't pretty".?
    As barbaric and thoughtless as that sounds, it seems like this is the only path left.
    The Government and their lawyer friends don't give a shit about "Our" future and our next generation
    of kids to follow.

Just look at the Salmon Ban.
    There is still going to be nets across the river come summer.
    Truth is, every fisherman with a boat is going to have to rally together and start "slicing up nets".
    That's how we make the news it seems now.

Anything less than civil disobedience is going to be left unheard.
    It this type of action that I really think is the only path left now.
    Time to fight back and leave the signs behind (no one is reading them anyways)

Your bang on, the letters and emails do squat. It’s time to start being noticed if we want change.