Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cariboo chilcotin imminent loss of hunting access ?

Re: Cariboo chilcotin imminent loss of hunting access ?

Hate to say it but under present government we are screwed on this issue

Wow. I was thinking of hunting in region 5 near quesnel with my GFs Opa but idk if I even want to bother with it.

Yup, ^^^^stayed tuned in!

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I'm afraid racism is going to increase to levels never before seen in this country, thanks to all those involved who thought they were doing the right thing, now you have put Native people in a real bad place. Native friends I have been talking to are really concerned, as well they should be, and when I hear some guys talk I just put my head in my hands
    I agree with this. Funny thing is, is that the extra entitlements or whatever it’s called won’t be any benefit to 90% of FN’s. I don’t have any figures to back that up, but I have a fairly good perspective on what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    So what does that leave for the white population?
    Sooner or later we will have no place to go because the whole province/country will belong to the privileged 2-2.5%
    Not just "white" population. Non Native population.

I've been saying for a few years eventually things are going to be so restrictive that people just start ignoring the rules. First they will hunt in "closed" areas because there is no real conservation related reason not to. Then they will think, well, I'm already breaking one law, what other laws do I not agree with and choose to follow or not?

It's a slippery slope.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Several threads all tie together, the common theme in the air is "dishonesty" Confidential meetings, flying under the radar,
    no media coverage etc.

I implore you guys to go to the BC treaty commission site http://www.bctreaty.ca/ have a look around and see for yourself.

The average Native has no idea whats going on, and I doubt very, very, much that any at the top had any idea that we would be at the point we are today.
    The UN are playing a massive role in this entire process, I would like to ask our political masters one simple question,
    why did you accept UNDRIP in its entirety?....I think I know why.

I'm afraid racism is going to increase to levels never before seen in this country, thanks to all those involved who thought they were doing the right thing, now you have put Native people in a real bad place. Native friends I have been talking to are really concerned, as well they should be, and when I hear some guys talk I just put my head in my hands.

Our Fathers and Grandfathers fought for this country, they fought to maintain "freedoms" that we have enjoyed thus far, those freedoms are going to cease to exist, those freedoms are fake.

Couldn't agree more. People need to realize and understand the part the UN is playing in, and affecting, not just our lives, but the lives of our children and the policies and ideology of every single part of our "governance".

It is going to much worse before it get better.

Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    So what does that leave for the white population?
    Bigger question is, what does that leave for the BC Native population? Indians aren't a monolithic group nor do they see themselves as that. I can hardly believe the Natives in the Chilcotin will want any Natives, American or not, coming into their territory, (for lack of a better or more accurate term) and killing their access to moose and deer. You just might find yourself side by side a Native from Sugar Cane protesting this court decision.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Not just "white" population. Non Native population.

I've been saying for a few years eventually things are going to be so restrictive that people just start ignoring the rules. First they will hunt in "closed" areas because there is no real conservation related reason not to. Then they will think, well, I'm already breaking one law, what other laws do I not agree with and choose to follow or not?

It's a slippery slope.
    Yes you are right about that, however majority of hunters, other than native, is white people.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Bigger question is, what does that leave for the BC Native population? Indians aren't a monolithic group nor do they see themselves as that. I can hardly believe the Natives in the Chilcotin will want any Natives, American or not, coming into their territory, (for lack of a better or more accurate term) and killing their access to moose and deer. You just might find yourself side by side a Native from Sugar Cane protesting this court decision.
    Well it might just be like the good old days when the different Indian tribes start beating the war drums.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. People need to realize and understand the part the UN is playing in, and affecting, not just our lives, but the lives of our children and the policies and ideology of every single part of our "governance".

It is going to much worse before it get better.

Good post!
    They have till June. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5080102
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.