Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it legal to hunt Mount Woodside ?

Is it legal to hunt Mount Woodside ?

On Saturday I was up there hunting bear when a cop drove up to me asking if I saw anyone shooting up there .
    I said I didn't hear any shooting , he told me it's illegal to shoot or hunt up there , I was surprised .
    I don't have the regs with me right now , so i'm wondering if it's open for hunting .
    Funny, while he's driving away going down the logging road I heared a shot . He said someone from
    the paragliding had phoned in the complaint .
    So the paragliders can us the mountain for their sport but hunters can't ? that sure isn't fair !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Is it legal to hunt Mount Woodside ?

I dont know the area but...."Illegal the hunt or shoot up there"
    Is it posted? ..are you complying with the minimum distance for shooting from a roadway, farm etc?...if you are then I wonder what the deal is there.

Here is a link to the updated bylaws for the district of kent. Print a copy for the next time you are questioned when hunting up there. No sport shooting though https://www.kentbc.ca/uploads/14/Doc...9110701424.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Interesting. It seems this flying group was miffed about hearing "shots ringing out" from "major firepower" and "automatic rifles" with "bullets whizzing all over in the air"... that a bylaw was actually proposed. I see the last post is from 2017. I wonder if the bylaw has since passed and come into effect?

Sounds like a miserable bunch of self absorbed yuppies intolerant of any other outdoor users.

Quote Originally Posted by hparrott View Post
    Here is a link to the updated bylaws for the district of kent. Print a copy for the next time you are questioned when hunting up there. No sport shooting though https://www.kentbc.ca/uploads/14/Doc...9110701424.pdf
    I don't see an exemption for hunting in there. Did I miss it?

Edit: My bad. I see it! Unless the bylaw has changed since 2017 it looks like hunting is a go!

Thanks for posting that up.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-30-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks Wentrot
    We as shooters and hunters need to be aware that this is going to happen.
    I have been shooting at a spot nearly 30 years, kept it to myself and never saw another shooter nor user group, until about 10 years ago, then it started.
    I was always cleaning other shooters garbage, JFC, take your shit with you when you use the land, they are going to bring in legislation if we dont be smarter about where bullets are going, this government just loves it.

Then I started getting grief from some user groups mainly from garbage, and why dont you go to the gun range?
    These groups weren't even there using the place until recently, I just said screw it and went somewhere else, I'm a coward I know but what are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I don't see an exemption for hunting in there. Did I miss it?

Edit: My bad. I see it! Unless the bylaw has changed since 2017 it looks like hunting is a go!

Thanks for posting that up.
    Section 4.2 A
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

been hunting that area for 20 years, never seen a bear once by they way. If you were bear hunting and he stopped you, didnt he ask what you were doing? Maybe be was just looking for shooters to check pals? I hunt that area all fall
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Quote Originally Posted by BigfishCanada View Post
    been hunting that area for 20 years, never seen a bear once by they way. If you were bear hunting and he stopped you, didnt he ask what you were doing? Maybe be was just looking for shooters to check pals? I hunt that area all fall
    NO ! I was surprised he never asked if I was the shooter and never checked for my pal .
    he was quit friendly .
    Do you use a rifle on that mountain ?