Thread: Hoping to gather a little info for 7-12

Hoping to gather a little info for 7-12

Hey there. I’m looking to see if there is anyone that would be willing to pass along a little info about this area. Me and a group of friends are thinking about heading out there for the spike fork moose season and 6 point elk season in the fall. Plus all the other species haha. I have lots of info about Vancouver island areas I would be willing to exchange if you like. Feel free to pm me if you feel like sharing any info thanks in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hoping to gather a little info for 7-12

Most of the elk in 7-12 are on private land
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Honest truth if you draw a moose LEH it would be alright to give it a go for a 10-14 day rut moose hunt but even at that there is better options

elk are around but unless you are local investing in tons of time scouting odds are low you will even see an elk

There is meh deer hunting for both MD and WT but mostly private land with the odd public land pockets that involve scouting to find. Just not good deer country you will drive through a ton of better MUs for deer coming here

I could hunt 7-12 all season from home and I don’t. I have a pocket for deer and waterfowl I hunt there at times but outside of that it’s not worth it for me to spend the $ on fuel. So I cannot suggest for you to drive past better MUs to come hunt 7-12 expecially for general season immy moose and six point elk

But giver of you want lol

Hmmmm thanks guys. We’re in the early planning phases. I wanted to go to Wonowon/Dawson area but no one else does

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    Hmmmm thanks guys. We’re in the early planning phases. I wanted to go to Wonowon/Dawson area but no one else does
    Way better option expecially for moose and elk

I say kick your hunting partners in the nuts if they don’t want to go to Dawson. If they still don’t want to go you’re better off deer hunting in southern BC instead

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    I was out in 7-12B today for a bunch of hours quadding around. Moose activity over the winter was pretty light where I was, I was looking for moose sheds. Seen 3 white tail, 2 mulies, a sow with cubs, and a 2-3 year old boar black bear. No Moose! I have hunted 7-12 for the better part of 25 years, and I have seen the decline of the moose. There are fellow hunters, and trappers who are killing wolves, but it needs everyone to help with the bears and coyotes! The ending of the calf season, and the reduction of the cow harvest has helped a bit, but it is still slim pickins out there. I will hunt up north in the Peace this year, just like in years past, and I will continue to hang cameras and hunt predators in the local Omineca MU's in hopes of one day killing another big mature bull around home! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I live in the area (7-13), and travelled around in 7-12 for work. The moose have really taken a hit and the outfitter in the area struggles to fill his tags. There are some elk although I have yet to ever see any in 7-12. I do see them in 7-13 on private land. Lots of bears! I know of people last season who couldn’t find a bull let alone a spike fork last season with their LEH tag. Let’s hope they start to turn around!