Thread: Ladner off season

Ladner off season

I hope to do some more exploring of the Ladner public spots this summer and maybe even take a boat out to see the perspective from the water.

One thing I noticed when I was out this weekend at Brunswick is that there was a good sized flock of snowies (about a thousand or more) who were in the Swenson's farm just mowing their fields.

I thought they would have left by now?? Are they turning resident?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ladner off season

They are probably Skagett birds on their way north.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    I hope to do some more exploring of the Ladner public spots this summer and maybe even take a boat out to see the perspective from the water.

One thing I noticed when I was out this weekend at Brunswick is that there was a good sized flock of snowies (about a thousand or more) who were in the Swenson's farm just mowing their fields.

I thought they would have left by now?? Are they turning resident?
    The last few weeks have been crazy, I've seen huge flocks really high, as in you can hear them but can barely see them, all heading back. Then I've also had quite a few big flocks almost in gun range right over my house heading back to the Skagit. My guess is there's not much left for grub on the foreshore and they're looking to fuel up before the next leg of their long journey! K

Ah ok so this is their regular timing. Thanks for the info