Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staying out of LEH trouble.

Staying out of LEH trouble.

It seems it to me every year there seems to be more contention over First Nations rights including potential illegal closures or denied access, as well as restrictions enforced by logging companies and the like. Just wondering if anyone would like to compile information on disputed access by management unit for those of us who are not in the know and would benefit by this information prior to submitting LEH entries? Basically, can somebody make a list potentially sh** show MU’s and put them up for the rest of us to see? Thanks, Lozzie
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Staying out of LEH trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozzie View Post
    It seems it to me every year there seems to be more contention over First Nations rights including potential illegal closures or denied access, as well as restrictions enforced by logging companies and the like. Just wondering if anyone would like to compile information on disputed access by management unit for those of us who are not in the know and would benefit by this information prior to submitting LEH entries? Basically, can somebody make a list potentially sh** show MU’s and put them up for the rest of us to see? Thanks, Lozzie

Seems to me that should be the Ministry's job... buyer beware and all but seems unfair for them to sell entries and tags where they can't be used!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Laughable, can’t say I have faith in any branch of government to do anything effectively at anytime other than wasting my tax dollars. Thus the reason for my post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Seems to me that should be the Ministry's job... buyer beware and all but seems unfair for them to sell entries and tags where they can't be used!
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

Maybe we should make the list & take it to the BCWF & MLA's & see what they can do about it

Hmm IMO..anything west of Willams lake out hwy 20..is NOT worth the aggrvation..nor the risks.its not fun watching your gear..your backs
    My .02
    Srupp

Yea I’m wanting to put in for a moose draw this year for a change but I’m really not into dealing with road blocks or having camp screwed with when I’m out for the day, wouldn’t be a good scene coming back to someone there who should’nt beat the end of the day, I’ve heard of gas cans and stuff being stolen, maybe be a good idea to have a couple diversion cans filled with water or something lol

I can’t believe someone hasn’t baited them yet and put an end to the thieving.

Held hostage in our own province. Less and less ability to do the Things we love. What a great time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Yea I’m wanting to put in for a moose draw this year for a change but I’m really not into dealing with road blocks or having camp screwed with when I’m out for the day, wouldn’t be a good scene coming back to someone there who should’nt beat the end of the day, I’ve heard of gas cans and stuff being stolen, maybe be a good idea to have a couple diversion cans filled with water or something lol
    Lol I like your thinkin...

this is EXACTLY what the FN groups hope for. I will be putting in for my usually spot and If I am successful will be going. Years ago in this same spot we had a group of local FN (3 men) show up in our camp with a clipboard claiming to be stewards and doing a "game check" of sorts, a survey. Told them politely they have no jurisdication over me, my rights to hunt and won't be answering their questions. Others in our group had less than nice things to say,but I told them not to engage,as all it does is fuel their fire.
    If I am successful and I purchase a tag, do my lawful hunt, and stand up for my rights as a Canadian, my inherent right to hunt for sustenance, I'll sleep well. Illegal road blocks, interfering with lawful hunts are not something non-natives are allowed to do so why should FN's? I will not allow anyone to infringe on my freedoms. We have options, recourse, supports out there, lets use them. We use game cams, alarms in camp, and have for years, only because it is sadly "anyone" now coming into camps, not just FN. Live in fear if ya want, not this guy.
    We had a camper broken into years ago,stole booze,food,a jacket and some fuel. It wasn't FN's. Deadbeats from Williams Lake. Karma had our stolen diesel do a number on their piece of shit GMC about 10 miles down the logging road. Stupid is-stupid does...
    I get the apprehension and do not begrudge anyone who chooses to avoid it. But, I guess the question is how long do we bury our heads in the sand.
    Count your age by friends...not years. Count your life by smiles...and not tears.