Thread: Trying to find GSP puppies

Trying to find GSP puppies

Like the title says my family is looking for a GSP to add to our family. If you know of any breeders here in BC our someone with GSP puppies for sale please let me know. Had one lined up in Alberta but they sold it on me yesterday now back to square one.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trying to find GSP puppies

I was in your position recently and spent over a year looking for a GSP breeder in BC, Alberta or Washinton that had a litter aorund the time I was looking.

There are only a few breeders in BC (some shut down after the tail-docking ban), but I got my pup from White Robin kennels in Princeton, BC. Cindy and Steve were great to work with and our pup is amazing! She is very smart, great with kids, and an awesome family dog. She is now 8 months and the training is going very well. I met with Cindy and talked/emailed with her for months and she answered all my questions. Her dogs are on the smaller side from what ive seen (as an example, i had a male GSP 20 years ago who was huge, around 85 lbs, and my girl Sage is 40lbs at 8 months and will probably top out at 50lbs).

I would certainly get another dog from White Robin, and would recommend them highly.

P.S. They mainly breed labs, but have started breeding GSP's in the last few years. A few people on HBC have GSPs from White Robin, and I know several others that do too, all of which are very happy with their dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by dru88 View Post
    Like the title says my family is looking for a GSP to add to our family. If you know of any breeders here in BC our someone with GSP puppies for sale please let me know. Had one lined up in Alberta but they sold it on me yesterday now back to square one.

I can second White Robbin kennels, Steve and Cindy are friends of mine and do a great job with there pups. Most are born in their house
    Pull the trigger all the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by bogman View Post
    I can second White Robbin kennels, Steve and Cindy are friends of mine and do a great job with there pups. Most are born in their house
    While Steve and Cindy may be great people and are good with their pups, the last time I checked ( 2 years ago) they DID NOT screen their Labrador breeding stock for many of the hereditary conditions that Labradors are susceptible to. I sincerely hope they've now seen the light and changed their ways.

There is absolutely no excuse in today's world to not do proper pre breeding screening. The tests are easy and inexpensive and failure to do so is simply lazy and unethical.

I would NEVER purchase a dog unless proper, modern screening was done on both parents. The possible results of not doing it are simply too great.

I hope they are up to speed on proper breeding practices for GSP,s because all breeds have their particular genetic issues.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

What Labguy said. No excuse for NOT genetic testing and health screening BEFORE breeding any dog.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 04-30-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    What Labguy said. No excuse for NOT genetic testing and health screening BEFORE breeding ant dog.
    What does an ant dog look like?

Hello! I have 3 beautiful GSP puppies that are available if you are still looking!

Scott n Roxanne chavis outta Buckley Washington. Great dogs.

I m in the market again. Can u send me pics please thx

Hi I have 2 puppies left u can contact me at 6048391663 for pics and more information