Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin GPS Maps

Re: Garmin GPS Maps

Been running topo for years on my garmin, going to pick up Backroads Maps v8 this year I think.

You can get free Topo maps for all of Canada. Google "Ibycus Topo Map". Not hunting specific, won't have area boundaries etc, but if you're just looking to see where you are and what's around, it's a good option to start with.

How is the BRMB for up north? Not sure about now but a few years ago the entire north was in one book and the detail wasn't very good. One book for Vancouver Island and one book for everything from PG north-- kinda crazy.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

I have the BRMB chip for both BC and the Yukon and would not venture into new areas without it! I still carry Topo's and a compass but the details on these maps are amazing!

BRMB chip in my Garmin for a long time, fantastic resource. I upgraded to the new edition in 2018 and it's even better
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Garmin GPSMap 66i and 2019 BC BackroadMap on SD card is best u can buy IMO
    Where I walk, everything appears in grey...Loosen all hope, you who confronts me!

Shoot me a message if you're interested in buying a BRMB V8 card. I've got a 2019 card on the way.

Brmb are the way to go. I asked this same question on the forum last year and after buying them realized that they are the best. You can download the upgrades easily and they are detailed and easy to use. Highly recommend

grantk I have sent you a message

Is there any way to put private property info as a map on a Garmin 62st etc???
    I don't care if there is no map of contours etc.
    Just wondering if I can switch maps to some sort of private property????????

If not, now there would be some money to be made selling that!