Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lillooet / West Pavilion Camping

Lillooet / West Pavilion Camping

Does anyone have any recommendations for campsites (wild or maintained doesn't matter) either by Lillooet or - ideally - on West Pavilion FSR? Will be arriving well after dark and any suggestion would be appreciated.

Cheers & thanks in advance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lillooet / West Pavilion Camping

West Pavillion FSR is about 120km long.

How far you plan on getting before you want to stop?

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Pavilion Lake has a nice campground on the west end. If you are considering wilderness camping,
    be aware that I've encountered hordes of ticks even early in the year on the east side, especially
    along the trail to the waterfall which you can see south of the fsr.

Just past blue ridge ranch before the rock slide(closer to the rock slide) there is a spot on the right hand side. Nothing special just a flat area with a meat pole

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    West Pavillion FSR is about 120km long.

How far you plan on getting before you want to stop?

As little as possible on the first day, next day I’ll drive the whole length. Appreciate any recommendation but primarily looking for close to lilloooet as pissible

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    As little as possible on the first day, next day I’ll drive the whole length. Appreciate any recommendation but primarily looking for close to lilloooet as pissible
    If it’s just for the night take your first right past blue ridge ranch. Nice flat area out of the way I used to crash here if I was coming in the dark

I’d consider the hydro campsite in town to avoid night driving.

Id take Boners advice and stay in town because that west pavilion road is a steep fsr and you don't want to make a mistake in the dark on that road.
    I do believe that slok rd on the west pavilion road has a 2 car campsite right beside the creek never drove down to it though. And that slok creek is aways up the west pavilion.
    That whole area is a real nice area but a word of warning take lots of water with you as a few years back was hunting up in that neck of the woods and someone crapped in the creek.
    Or if you go to the 2nd creek fsr the turnoff is on the left coming from Lillooet just before the start of the big downhill section. about at the 68 km point or so and go up the 2nd creek road maybe not even 2 kms there is a area you can camp on the left its down a very small hill youll see old spots where people have built fires. Its like in a old gravel pit.
    If you miss that spot then the road starts climbing up and then not a camping spot till about 8km or so by a creek then the road starts climbing again.
    Now if you are pulling a trailer then I would wait till the daytime till you drove the west pavilion road. Just to be on the safe side of things.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

I took this little spur road right down to the Fraser in March. I Wouldn't recommend it in a car, but I had no problems in my Tacoma. Takes you to a nice flat spot for a small campsite and a beautiful beach.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.76238...!3m1!1e3?hl=en
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

I can't think of anything within the first 40K on that road, not to say you can't scratch something out, just nothing stands out to me. I'm also no "expert" on the road.

The road climbs up the mountain, then traverses across it. (cliff on the high side and cliff on the low) Just as soon as it starts to level out a little your into private land on both sides of the road for a bit.
    It also depends on how secluded you want to be. There are all sorts of wide spots a guy could pull into without interfering too much with traffic happening by, it's just that the traffic would be happening within 20 feet or so... Generally not wise on a week day if they are hauling as they would probably starting around 3:30am or so...

What Route are you planning on taking to Lillooett?