Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Picked up a new hunting/fishing trailer today

Re: Picked up a new hunting/fishing trailer today

Nice Unit . Propane heat will make it comfortable for a weekend but longer stays it will start to get wet on the inside of the walls and roof thats what I found with mine and mine is insulated . I found a diesel heater from a Boat used on Craigs list i believe its a Nemar (Spelling ?) wall mounted works great and dry heat as for the Rest its cots and coolers for the summer then its mobile storage for the winter

Looked at something very similar and didn't like the fact that I could be locked inside it. Some form of escape or a different man door closure would suffice. Once I figure that out I will buy one too.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Looked at something very similar and didn't like the fact that I could be locked inside it. Some form of escape or a different man door closure would suffice. Once I figure that out I will buy one too.

It has an emergency escape window on the drivers side. Lift two red handles and the window unit will swing out. I was worried about the same so this is the route I went. A guy could even install a cargo hatch that's operated from the inside only.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I wasn't claustrophobic so much as bothered by an irrational fear of getting locked inside. I was going to install a window to solve both problems but bought a cabin instead. Will be selling a very nice 20' enclosed next month.
    That too. I'd lock the bar so it could not be dropped into the secure mode. I did't like the rain either, the rain inside of course.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    That too. I'd lock the bar so it could not be dropped into the secure mode. I did't like the rain either, the rain inside of course.
    Insulate the interior with the foil backed bubble wrap insulation and you don't have the problem, at least that's how it works in a cube van.
    Toss the trailer tires and run some real truck tires. Trailer tires are disposable crap in most cases. Or they cost as much as a truck tire.
    Interested to see how you kit it out!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I have found L track the best and most versatile for tying things down. It is used on aircraft seat mountings.
    I believe Cap-it has it also Google it to check it out.

The propane heat will be wet because it’s not vented. You could put in a cozy cabin propane heater really easy to install and doesn’t need any power. Best prices for the cozy cabin heater is on tiny house.com I just bought 2 of them.

Nice Unit . Propane heat will make it comfortable for a weekend but longer stays it will start to get wet on the inside of the walls and roof thats what I found with mine and mine is insulated . I found a diesel heater from a Boat used on Craigs list i believe its a Nemar (Spelling ?) wall mounted works great and dry heat as for the Rest its cots and coolers for the summer then its mobile storage for the winter
    If propane is vented outside there is no moisture to build up. If you are getting moisture it is likely from the cook stove

That Martin direct vent propane does look like a nice low profile unit. Maybe something for the future but 20,000BTU seems like overkill for suck a small space.
    no kidding......but the 8000 unit would be more appropriate )
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

How hard would it be to hook up a small vented wood stove?

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    How hard would it be to hook up a small vented wood stove?
    Not hard at all but it just takes up floor space and then the act of collecting wood. I'm not sure I like the thought of potentially driving with embers that might flare up. Propane or diesel is practical. The unit has vents and windows so there is a ability for air flow. I'm going to try the little buddy propane first - heck, I might not even need heat for the times I'm using this. Well, probably a little heat when it's damp.