Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Picked up a new hunting/fishing trailer today

Re: Picked up a new hunting/fishing trailer today

I am very interested in how this will end up

Where did you get the trailer? running a 6 x 12 with a dickinson diesel heater. Did as a test and works very well. Would like to get a bigger one in the near future. Watch those buddy heaters inside, gotta keep a window open quite a bit almost to the point of not even worth it. Maybe look at propane boat heater and 100 lb bottle. Plug in and good for a week. Good setup for sure.

I did my 7 x 14 cargo trailer up for hunting a few years ago. I had a regular forced air camper furnace that I built an enclosure for and use that for heat. If I was doing again I would look for an old school gravity feed rv furnace instead. Fan wakes me up every time it kicks in and drains battery after a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer001 View Post
    Where did you get the trailer? running a 6 x 12 with a dickinson diesel heater. Did as a test and works very well. Would like to get a bigger one in the near future. Watch those buddy heaters inside, gotta keep a window open quite a bit almost to the point of not even worth it. Maybe look at propane boat heater and 100 lb bottle. Plug in and good for a week. Good setup for sure.
    I bought the trailer from Cummings Trailer in Abbotsford. I still haven't put the heater in it yet but will end up going with a little wood heater. Overall very happy with the trailer and I've been enjoying it virtually every weekend. I thought the cot deal was going to be just a temporary thing for me while I'm figuring out what I want but it's turned out to be a very practical sleeping solution because it folds up and is stowed in a corner when not in use. What I really like is the fact that if I park the trailer on a slightly uneven ground, I just angle/position my cot so that my head is above my feet and I'm a happy sleeper. Keeping things simple and versatile has been the key to my happiness with this unit.
    I'm really glad I took the advise about trailer width from others - my 7'wide gives me the ability to see the back corner over the wheels and this gives me just enough sight clearance to help maneuver around trees and other hard object. Just driving through some of the narrow roads is quite okay with this configuration but this would be much more challenging with the 8' wide model. the length of 14' is just right for me. I've been in a lot of areas now where the 16' would have really got me into a jackpot of troubles. A 12' would have been even easier to maneuver but wouldn't provide me with the cabin space that I want. the 7' inside height has been great for me as it doesn't feel like I'm boxed in. Plus, if I ever decide on a sxs 4-wheeler, I'll have the roof clearance without concern. Downside is that I'm towing a parachute and fuel mileage does suffer but that's okay still as my truck has the ecodiesel engine. I'm super pleased that I opted for the ramp back door. I was seriously contemplating on barn doors but this ramp is super practical and looking back, I would have been so disappointed with the added hassle of the barn doors. I love the simplicity and practicality of this unit and it's been my second best outing rig for fishing and hunting purchase yet. My best purchase has been my 2018 Dodge Ecodiesel crewcab 4x4. Super fuel economy with this fullsize truck.

Could someone post a few pics for me. I would text them to you. PM me.