Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Picked up a new hunting/fishing trailer today

Picked up a new hunting/fishing trailer today

14x7x7 ramp door. No more sleeping in the canopy, keeps my gear and little boats secure and next year when I figure out if I'm going with the 4wheeler, sxs or Tracker, this trailer will haul it.

Now to outfit the interior - I'm going to keep it simple so that I've got the most versatility with this unit. Lot's of ideas to look at on the 'net. Heating will likely be a small propane Buddy. CO monitors, smoke detector and fire extinguish, maybe a couple portable tables and beefy boy lawn chairs.

Insulated, LED interior lighting, Emergent escape window large enough for me to get out of if needed, some sort of plastic coated plywood flooring, 2 spare tires, california immobilizer and awning. Looks good to me.

I'll get it ready this weekend for fishing outing beginning the first weekend of May. Need to wire in a electric brake controller and hopefully the truck winch for my bumper is in. Wouldn't mind a back-up camera for this box on wheels. Actually will likely also make a round bumper/skid for the bottom back end of this unit. I can't help thinking I'm going to drag the back end going through some of the road ditches. Might have to re-mount the axles under the springs to get a bit more clearance. Maybe someone can comment about trailer ride height and if the axle drop is a good idea or not - thanks.

First stop with the trailer was Canadian Tire for a lock set.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Picked up a new hunting/fishing trailer today

Very nice !
    Am thinking along those lines too . . .

Looks awesome! Very cool trailer.

Maybe you could get one of those diesel boat heaters or a Pioneer trekker.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

A set of disc-o- bed bunks might work.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I had one. No windows = claustrophobia
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I had one. No windows = claustrophobia
    I wasn't claustrophobic so much as bothered by an irrational fear of getting locked inside. I was going to install a window to solve both problems but bought a cabin instead. Will be selling a very nice 20' enclosed next month.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

The pioneer Trekker diesel heater looks pretty good. I think I'll just do the propane catalytic heater for now - I think that will be enough and it's inexpensive to start with.

The disco bunks look like a practical approach and priced right. The nice thing if I end up with an overnight guest in the trailer, I can place him at the other end of the trailer for a little fart zone protection.

Great ideas guys - thanks.

Nice size, good to see dual axles

Best heater for the task the takes up little room would be a direct vent cabin heater, (amazon.ca Martin propane wall heater) though pricey
    Next best would be to snag a used fan-forced furnace from a camper or holiday trailer
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

That Martin direct vent propane does look like a nice low profile unit. Maybe something for the future but 20,000BTU seems like overkill for suck a small space. I'll try wit the little Buddy first to see what I'm really going to need. I expect to be putting on some small 15" truck tires eventually on this trailer for a little better puncture resistance. Good, now I found something else to spend money on but I'll get 8-9 months use per year out of it and then it effectively become a storage shed for the winter.

Nice trailer Rieber ! Sounds like your going to use it a lot .
    Arctic Lake