Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
338wm - funny you mention the extra pipe stack. I remember years ago driving behind a camper and the guy had the top stack extension on a hinge so that when he traveled he would fold down the top stack section and than somehow secure it along the lower section. I remember thinking, (WTH is this now - double barrel smoke stacks?" Must be a bird hunter.LOL. But this makes good sense.

Plus the smell and sounds of a wood heater provides a degree of familiarity and comfort. Wood is pretty easy and clean - plus it gives you a place to warm a can of stew on.

Chain saw can quickly fill a few boxes of dry wood in a hurry so there's no excuse or need to hunt for wood especially when I'm driving through the dry woods on warm fall days anyways. Yes - wood is probably the way to go.
Any updates?
I'm looking to put (and leave) my 20 foot toy hauler on a piece of property, and was thinking of installing a wood stove. It's got a propane furnace etc...but I'd really like to get some wood fired heat in there.
A co-worker (welder), built me a nice wood "stove" out of a 30lb propane tank. I like it, but it's limited to wood under 8" and needs to be fed every few hours.