Thread: Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup - South Delta April 27

Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup - South Delta April 27

There is a Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup set for South Delta April 27th. This is being organized on Facebook but nothing stops non-Facebook people from showing up. Would be nice to see other hunters and fishers come out to spend a day hauling out trash from our natural spaces and to rub elbows with other volunteers to show that we care too.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1983...55907760598713

WHERE: We will all meet at Wellington point in Ladner, just outside the town center on River Road West.
    ✅WHY: Well why the heck not? Every year at this time, we want to honour and celebrate Earth Day by maintaining a healthy environment for all residents and creatures to continue to thrive in and enjoy for many years to come. The timing of this event allows us to utilize what were the highest tides of the year which is responsible for allowing tonnes of debris to come to rest on our shorelines.
    ✅WHEN: The event is scheduled rain or shine on Saturday April 27th 2019 from 10am-2pm. We would encourage everyone to arrive early to Wellington Point to mingle, enter our prize draw, enjoy complimentary coffee from Starbucks Ladner and complimentary breakfast items from Thrifty Foods. There will be a short opening ceremony before we all break into teams and start the event.

��WHAT IS PROVIDED
    -Litter Pickers (limited supply)
    -Latex Gloves of various sizes or feel free to bring your own
    -Sustainable collection bags
    -Coffee & Breakfast Foods
    -Prize draw entry ballots
    A friend and I volunteered to help clean up whatever I can manage in Brunswick Pt. since that is the part where I hunt. Last year my hunting partner and I and some other volunteers practically pulled out half of a car from the swamp along with countless debris including spent hulls and other garbage that could have been left behind by hunters é the rest of it I assume is just ocean debris. At the end of the day they brought around a truck to help take away the piles of crap we found.

There is a list of other areas they want to clean up:

♻️SHORELINE LOCATION LIST♻️
    ��LADNER
    1. Deas Island
    2. Millennium Trail from The Riverhouse, past Hampton Cove to Captains Cove boat launch
    3. Spirit Trails along Ferry Road from Cap.Cove boat launch to River Road
    4. Harbour Park/Dog Park
    5. Dyke from old “7 seas” site to Westham Island bridge
    6. Westham Island
    7. Dyke from Westham Island to the end of River Road West
    8. Brunswick Point from the end of River Road West to the start of TFN Lands at Deltaport Way
    9. 72nd Ave dyke to 64th Ave dyke entrance
    ��TSAWWASSEN
    1. TFN Lands dyke from Deltaport Way to the BC Ferry Causeway
    2. BC Ferry Causeway-Both Sides
    3. Tsawwassen Beach from the BC Ferry Causeway to the US Marker
    4. Centennial Beach from the US Marker at (the old squash club) to the end of Centennial Beach Park
    5. Centennial Beach Park end to beginning of dyke access at the foot of 12th Ave Dyke access
    6. 12 Ave dyke access to 17A dyke access near Beach Grove Elementary
    7. 17A Dyke access north to 64th Ave dyke access
    Last edited by silveragent; 04-22-2019 at 02:02 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup - South Delta April 27

Was cancelled due to the crazy winds today.

Re: Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup - South Delta April 27

This cleanup is back on. June 1st. https://www.facebook.com/events/316565195685343/