Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone hunt 3-33 for goats--or just hiked it?

Anyone hunt 3-33 for goats--or just hiked it?

Considering putting in for LEH 3-33 goats. SW of Gold Bridge. Looking for some general thoughts as I've never been. Seems like some road access to get me started but would love to find some colour on it. It has some of the highest odds and lots of tags... Guess that means it's a ball buster, steep and hairy, or road issues, or something? I live on the island so likely won't make a pre-scout.
    Thanks.
    -Tom

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone hunt 3-33 for goats--or just hiked it?

Good odds usually means a bitch to get into or low success rate

Met a guide and a client from the US who were hunting goats in 3-33. They drove around and did lots of glassing...no goats had been taken in several days.

A real toad came out of there last year.

Thanks, maybe I'll keep looking. Hard to pick a spot semi-blind but I'll start narrowing it down to Lower Mainland or Kamloops area.

I got drawn in there 2 seasons ago. Went in got a goat. The low odds are because like you said it’s one hell of a time getting to the goats in most of the zones. The hike in for me was insane basically straight up to where I wanted to camp I hunted opening day planning 10 days and got goat on day 7. Home on 8th day.
    if you filter back on my posts you will see me talk about it a bit and a pic of the goat too that would be sept 2017
    anyways as far as access goes there is basically the Hurley which is the rod just out of pemberton which leads to the Center of the zone and from there it’s just a matter of finding which forest road leads you to the base of the general area you want to go up. Access to the mountains isn’t really the issue. Getting up the mountain to the goats is the issue. Look forward to some hellish hiking low goat numbers and grizzly bears.
    Goldbridge has very limited supplies and some expensive six packs. Also bring gas it’s lonely out there
    If serious adventure is what your after this can be a good bet. Do your research. I’ll see you in there

That helps. Thanks for the details.

Lots of rec users in that whole greater region north of pemberton.

OK. Still trying to decide where to put in for a short-odds LEH goat tag. Maybe 3-16. Will be going in blind as I'm on the island and likely won't have the opportunity to prescout.

Gotta decide that yourself my man haha. 3-16 is the same stuff. Some crazy hikes. Low densities. And serious adventure. I’d plan at least 10 days to get it done.
    All the info is out there on the web. Spend some hours deep diving through it