Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEH Group Hunts vs Individual Applications succes Rate

Re: LEH Group Hunts vs Individual Applications succes Rate

Quote Originally Posted by Swissrallyman View Post
    Thanks,

So under Group Hunt vs Shared Hunt, i found this, which sounds like a shared hunt is only 1 tag, so it doesn't matter if you are picked with the last permit, it just allows for the group, as long as they all hold a moose tag, to hunt for 1 moose under the same permit.
    Group hunt allows for a 2nd permit, if 3 or more are listed in the entry.
    But, if it is the last permit, and you are 3 or more, you loss that draw as there are not enought permits available.
    LIMITED ENTRY GROUP APPLICATIONS ARE HANDLED
    However, if the computer looks at a group application and there are too few authorizations still available for the hunt of choice to give each member of the group an authorization, then the entire group is passed over and not assigned any authorizations
    LIMITED ENTRY SHARED MOOSE HUNTS
    Unlike the regular group applications described in the previous section, group Shared Hunt applications enter the draw individually rather than as one. If any member of a group application for a Shared Hunt is drawn, then the entire group is drawn. Therefore, a group of four applying
    for a Shared Hunt has four chances to be drawn whereas an individual application has only one chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    This is the deal.
    There are about 15 permits available (10:1 odds appr)

If I did apply as a shared hunt, and up to 4 of us did the same for his particular draw.

What happens if "only one of us gets drawn", and it is the "very last permit (the 15th permit).
    If that was me, do I lose out because I went in as a "shared" hunt and they give out "2 tags", but remember, at that point, there is only 1 left.
    (Its all good if I or one of the other 3 get drawn say before the 12th permit)

So that is my "concern".
    What happens if a shared hunt gets drawn, but only 1 permit remains to be drawn?

Do I get dumped because I in the shared hunt, and then someone in the "individual format" gets picked??

Just confused a bit when it comes down to the crucnh of last permit in the barrel for that draw.
    If
    only one authorization remains in the
    draw, and a Shared Hunt group of three
    or four persons is drawn, the group
    will be authorized to take one moose
    or bison only.

Your odds are much better of going moose hunting if applying as a shared hunt ,just make sure no one in your group is under reduced odds because of recently being drawn. If one is under reduced odds then all of you are under reduced odds.

Don’t be scared by the reduced odds...... a good friend, his brother and dad were drawn for shared moose twice in 3 yrs. yes your odds are reduced but 3-4 reduced odds entries are still better than one individual entry.

Thanks all.
    I got it all "straightened away" now.
    Thanks for all the help and clarity.