Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

Well permit to accompany is submitted as of this morning so now we wait. We'll be going back to Quesnel for Thanksgiving and it's her Opa's 90th birthday this year so it should be a great time. Hunting 5-13 again.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Man how long do these permits take these days? Took a month last time, been over a month this time. F'n govt workers lol
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Looking for someone smarter than I am... Opa called and said someone from the Williams Lake fish and wildlife office called (about my/his permit) and told him that I can't hunt mule deer. So I look on the application (which hasn't been approved yet) and mule deer is no longer there but I know I selected it.

Since when can a non-resident not hunt mule deer bucks in 5-13 in October as I looked at the regs and I couldn't find anywhere saying I couldn't hunt mulies.

If someone has a page in the regs they can direct me to that would be much appreciated.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
    Looking for someone smarter than I am... Opa called and said someone from the Williams Lake fish and wildlife office called (about my/his permit) and told him that I can't hunt mule deer. So I look on the application (which hasn't been approved yet) and mule deer is no longer there but I know I selected it.

Since when can a non-resident not hunt mule deer bucks in 5-13 in October as I looked at the regs and I couldn't find anywhere saying I couldn't hunt mulies.

If someone has a page in the regs they can direct me to that would be much appreciated.
    Cant comment on your situation directly, but numbers could be down in that area or big fires went through there (last year or this year) or first nations don’t want non-residents in there with depleted populations. The government changes our Limited Entry regulations quotas last minute quite often with little regard to hunters. So don’t think non-residents would get any better treatment. BC resident hunters are at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to our government in regards to quotas or access to hunt etc. I would like to think non-residents are below us in that regard, so that put you not even on the ladder.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Cant comment on your situation directly, but numbers could be down in that area or big fires went through there (last year or this year) or first nations don’t want non-residents in there with depleted populations. The government changes our Limited Entry regulations quotas last minute quite often with little regard to hunters. So don’t think non-residents would get any better treatment. BC resident hunters are at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to our government in regards to quotas or access to hunt etc. I would like to think non-residents are below us in that regard, so that put you not even on the ladder.

BHB
    Thanks, what you said makes sense. I think once I get the permit I will call and get clarification.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Man how long do these permits take these days? Took a month last time, been over a month this time. F'n govt workers lol
    I used to hunter host an Alberta hunter for mule deer in 7-10 so quite surprised to read that they are telling you no mule deer in 5-13? No idea where that came from.

But one time my permit to accompany wasn't coming in, after a couple months of waiting I had to get my MLA involved to get it issued. They had it ready three days later and one day before our hunt was to start. So don't wait too long to follow up why it's taking so long. I suspect there are some anti hunters working in those offices and it's being deliberately done.

Well my permit was approved yesterday so today I will be calling to see why mule deer was removed.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Uh so there's a reason, somewhere, somehow but the lady on the phone didn't know who what where or why and it's not in the regulations so I got her to get someone to email me so I'm now waiting for an email. She said something about some groups so probably some FNs made some decision like they always seem to do in BC.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Uh so there's a reason, somewhere, somehow but the lady on the phone didn't know who what where or why and it's not in the regulations so I got her to get someone to email me so I'm now waiting for an email. She said something about some groups so probably some FNs made some decision like they always seem to do in BC.
    Probably, let us know what you hear back.

Still waiting for the gubbermint to email/

In the meantime I bought my license. Hoping for another decent whitetail, if we see a mulie Opa will have to use his tag on that...
    Just a conspiracy bro!