Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

Got my tags, these are different than what I'm used to in AB.

Is there anything that gets attached to the animal??

Also where can I find a crown land map? Do you guys have that stuff in BC or is it all native owned? Lol. Mostly wondering so if I see a bear I don't want to trespass to shoot it and I'm hoping to see no bears where we are going for deer. What about logging/lease roads? Fair game to take an animal on one?

Bump

Heading out Thursday to your guys' province, will post updates as our hunt goes. Anyone in 5-13 seen much for wildlife?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
    Bump

Heading out Thursday to your guys' province, will post updates as our hunt goes. Anyone in 5-13 seen much for wildlife?
    Well I can tell you this I have been seeing way more deer and moose on public land in western Alberta than I would see hunting in BC in the past few years lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Well I can tell you this I have been seeing way more deer and moose on public land in western Alberta than I would see hunting in BC in the past few years lol
    Yeah cause AB is gods country.

dont you have a hunter host with the local intel?

He knows where to go, how to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't hurt, or at least I thought it didn't hurt, to ask how everyone else's season has been going so far. I can tell you in AB I didn't see much until we got out first sub zero weather. Forecast calls for +12, I hope it cools down some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Went out today. The moose are moving but only seen one. Lots of snow in the trees so can't see far into the willow patch. Lots of moose tracks though. Not much for deer but the last couple years have been that way. Seen a couple of does and a fawn whitetail. Might of been a buck on the far side of my hayfield but binos were in the truck and can't say for sure. A herd of elk came across the neighbors fescue field.

Day 1 hunting with Opa success! After our morning hunt where I spooked a mulie and later saw a group of 6 mulie does about to lay a beating on 2 coyotes and then a 2x2 mulie in a field we had no access on we later went back for a rainbow trout lunch Oma prepared.

In the afternoon we tried a different spot, as we walked in we spotted a mulie doe and fawn, then later another doe just over a small hill. At about 6pm I saw a patch of white out of the corner of my eye and threw the binos up and spotted a white tail buck I'd like to shoot but he wouldn't full come out behind the shrubs so I had go exercise patience which I don't have a lot of lol. Eventually his 3x3 buddy went out first and then this guy followed and met fate with my 300wsm at 160yards.

Pretty pumped for this buck!

Nice, osso buco for Thanksgiving, congrats.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.