Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Republic of Alberta
    Posts
    48

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Good Luck !! good on ya for planning this trip with Opa.
    Thanks, the application to hunter host is "in review" so hopefully any day now.

    I guess I'll need to call to buy tags and see if they can mail them quick or mail them to the grandparents place so that they get there in time and aren't lost in the mail

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Republic of Alberta
    Posts
    48

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Application is approved! Going hunting over thanksgiving. Less than a month away though so I wonder if I should buy tags online or buy them in BC due to the time constraint and canada post. Thoughts? Gonna buy a WT, Mulie and probably black bear tag just in case I see a color phase bear!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    292

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    With a limited amount of time, I wouldnt take the chance with canada post and buy them in person once you get to BC

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Republic of Alberta
    Posts
    48

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Are color phase bears common in the quesnel area? Wondering if I should spend the money on a black bear tag... So far I know I'm buying a whitetail tag, mulie tag, maybe a wolf tag? I'd love to shoot a cougar but I can't see us running into one...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Squamish
    Posts
    4,785

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Good news is you don't need a tag to shoot a wolf. Or at least I really hope you don't need a tag to shoot a wolf. Asking for a friend...
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cranbrook
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Good news is you don't need a tag to shoot a wolf. Or at least I really hope you don't need a tag to shoot a wolf. Asking for a friend...
    A non-resident needs a tag to shoot a wolf. Residents dont.

    WhitetailAB - Make sure you confirm that all the species have been confirmed on your PTA, as they are applied for based on each species (guessing you knew that but wanted to be sure you confirmed)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Republic of Alberta
    Posts
    48

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    A non-resident needs a tag to shoot a wolf. Residents dont.

    WhitetailAB - Make sure you confirm that all the species have been confirmed on your PTA, as they are applied for based on each species (guessing you knew that but wanted to be sure you confirmed)
    Yes I selected WT mulie blackbear wolf cougar on the permit before I submitted it, just wondering if its worth spending the $$$$ for bear/wolf/cougar or just stick to WT mulie.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cranbrook
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
    Yes I selected WT mulie blackbear wolf cougar on the permit before I submitted it, just wondering if its worth spending the $$$$ for bear/wolf/cougar or just stick to WT mulie.
    10-4! Good stuff man

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Squamish
    Posts
    4,785

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    A non-resident needs a tag to shoot a wolf. Residents dont.
    Phew, thanks. My friend is very relieved.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Republic of Alberta
    Posts
    48

    Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

    Mule deer, white tail, black bear tags purchased. For the price of these tags anything bigger than a spiker is getting whacked lol and if there is a color phase bear that one better watch out too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •