Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

Need to look at regional restrictions for PTAs as a lot has changed since 2019 in terms of some regions and the issuance of moose tags in them. Check the updated regional restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
    Yes, if you read the thread earlier you'd see I did everything you mentioned AND shot a nice whietail with my wife's Opa.

I'm simply asking HBC if anything has changed since 2019 when I last hunted BC.
    The GOS hunts for moose in most of region 7B have been greatly reduced. 4 days total. So it depends where you are thinking of going.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    The GOS hunts for moose in most of region 7B have been greatly reduced. 4 days total. So it depends where you are thinking of going.
    Also, even though the majority of Region 6 is GOS, the PTA regional restrictions are now showing that no moose PTA's will be authorized for Reg 6. That was from Sep 2022 so will be interesting to see how things change, but they're changing rapidly no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Also, even though the majority of Region 6 is GOS, the PTA regional restrictions are now showing that no moose PTA's will be authorized for Reg 6. That was from Sep 2022 so will be interesting to see how things change, but they're changing rapidly no doubt.
    I spoke to region 6 staff back in August and yes, PTAs for moose and caribou in region 6 are on hold until they figure out the impact of the new regs on moose and caribou in 7B in terms of shifting hunters to region 6. Anecdotally, I have heard that there was not a big influx of moose an caribou hunters to region 6. Gas prices maybe???

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    I spoke to region 6 staff back in August and yes, PTAs for moose and caribou in region 6 are on hold until they figure out the impact of the new regs on moose and caribou in 7B in terms of shifting hunters to region 6. Anecdotally, I have heard that there was not a big influx of moose an caribou hunters to region 6. Gas prices maybe???
    Ya, a lot of anticipation of guys wondering what might happen in R6 (residents included). Cant say I was surprised about the PTA changes when I saw them. Thats interesting about the changes or movement of hunters to 6 last year. Gas certainly didnt help!

It looks like the area my wife's opa hunts moose is LEH/not open to non-resident OTC tags so I'm thinking of just buying deer tags again and perhaps a bear tag and going for thanksgiving.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

mountain goat?
    It looks like the area my wife's opa hunts moose is LEH/not open to non-resident OTC tags so I'm thinking of just buying deer tags again and perhaps a bear tag and going for thanksgiving.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Just a little north of Quesnel and spike fork moose are open....no leh required. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    mountain goat?
    If he were much younger lol he is late 80s.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Just a little north of Quesnel and spike fork moose are open....no leh required. FYI
    I saw that in the regs, what's it like in 7-8? Decent population?
    Just a conspiracy bro!