Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

Albertan that wants to hunt BC

Hey guys, long story short I'd like to go hunting with my girlfriend's Opa before it's too late. Her grandparents live in Quesnel so that area is where he hunts. Back when he was younger he was quite the mountain climber and hunter. Hes in his 80s now so obviously we won't be going up the mountain.

I'm wondering what the best time would be to go hunt there and what info HuntingBC can offer.

I've read some of the regs regarding out of province hunters in BC, as far as I am aware there are a few species I can hunt - WT, mulie, cougar, black bear for big game.

Just hoping to create some memories as my gf and her cousins aren't hunters so I'm assuming no grandkids have ever hunted with him.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Albertan that wants to hunt BC

A spring black bear hunt would be an easy going hunt and Quesnel has really good bear hunting.

Ahh sorry I should have said some time in the fall, the gf just said she wants to go visit in the fall. Spring would be too soon wouldn't it? I thought you needed the hunter host a few months in advance?

Yup get hunter hosted, some decent deer country near by. Go up north a ways for moose and elk

So looking at Region 5 regs, I don't see elk or moose as a species listed, I assume those are then LEH/draw? I also heard a non resident can't hunt sheep/goat unless they're with an actual guide right? Not that I think we are going for one but it's something I've heard on another forum.

I suppose I could look and see what region 7 offers if it's not a super far drive.

Yup region 7-8 has elk and moose species listed. Gonna have to google map the distances up there.
    Last edited by WhiteTailAB; 04-17-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Hunting in BC is not like Alberta here driving 5 to even 15 hours to go hunting is considered normal by most lol. Odds are he is suggesting 7b peace country

Around Quesnel You are looking at bear and deer hunting. Deer hunting in BC is crap compared to Alberta but bear hunting is way better. You would likely find the deer hunting very disappointing. Bear can still be good in September

Hmmm west of Quesnel for mule deer come sept.willbeblack bears in the berries.
    East of Quesnel..not all that far..moose STILL plentyful..but its LEH ..need for resident to win a tag.you could learn to be a SHERPA..
    I think you will be limited to deer black bear..
    Good luck..
    Cheers
    Srupp

Well I've never shot a mulie before, they're on draw nearly everywhere in AB that I hunt so I'm okay with a mule deer. I've never shot a bear before, I also don't know how to skin one out.

you can hunt goats here, ive hosted before

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    you can hunt goats here, ive hosted before
    Well that's interesting, guess I was fed the wrong info.

What could you guys tell me about hunting around Boushie Lake? If anything? I know her Opa likes to hunt around there.