Thread: Port Alberni

Port Alberni

So the wife and I and a few buddies are heading over to port Alberni this week to do some fish, we are pretty excited about it, it will be my wife’s first time ocean fishing salmon and bottom fish. She is super stoked. I’m hoping to run in to one of my old buddies as well in town. So finger crossed we can make time to cross paths, We are also going to be looking at a few property in cedar to purchase possibly. Hopefully this will be an exciting weekend for us.
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Port Alberni

Didn’t they just shut salmon fishing down till July?

Yes it’s closed until July 15
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

I'm sure there's some garbage bottom feeders left for us to feed our families with right ? I hope...

I will look in to that, if so ling cod and rock fish it is for the weekend
    Magnums dont kill deer,,,, bullets do (Stick with a rifle. Let cupid shoot the arrows lol.)

Oh ya can’t for get about the crabs and prawns

Don’t worry. You can probably buy all the salmon u want off the back of a truck....

Good luck Sarg and have fun.

Inside waters are still open. I’m not sure what the areas inside the surf line are like right now but if they are like Nootka there will be feeder Springs around.

I’ve had great early-season fishing right off Friendly Cove on Nootka in early May for feeders and it’s still open there, so I can’t see the mouth of Alberni Inlet being much different... The good early-season fishing is mostly offshore and it’s even early for that...
    Last edited by fuzzybiscuit; 04-17-2019 at 01:16 PM.