Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

I’m not computer savvy. But time to get a petition going a class action law suit for racial discrimination against tax paying pale skinned folks . I was born and raised here that makes me native to this land . I’d bet if someone could start a petition and get the ball rolling it would gain steam.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Ok I thrown this out before when we were fighting for Halibut quota.
    We need to hook up our boats to our trucks and from 630am to 830am on an organized day go trawling through all the major cities in BC, hang a sign on the back of our boats saying, “I’d rather be fishing !” Drive at 30km/hour or trawl at 2 knots If we have NO love we do it every day for a week, months if needed.
    Thats how we will get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok I thrown this out before when we were fighting for Halibut quota.
    We need to hook up our boats to our trucks and from 630am to 830am on an organized day go trawling through all the major cities in BC, hang a sign on the back of our boats saying, “I’d rather be fishing !” Drive at 30km/hour or trawl at 2 knots If we have NO love we do it every day for a week, months if needed.
    Thats how we will get attention.
    Too submissive.

No pretending. Go Fish!

Maybe next river fishery that comes around, everyone organize to "not buy a license"!!
    Hang out in large groups while fishing and let the CO's/DFO's "try to hand out tickets" or confiscate stuff!!
    Time to "push back" and tell the province and Feds to F themselves!
    Time for some real civil disobedience to become organized.
    As some have said, Hay Bilas floating down rivers do wonders for nets.
    Anything and everthing we can think of, without it getting down right physical.

Only reason we don't use the term "Native" anymore when dealing with all this stuuf and have to use the term FN "is to discriminate" a set a rules
    for one group over "all others".
    If the term "Native" was still used, many of us "qualify".
    Only place we have ever known!!
    So, does that make my daughter "indigenous" then??

Anyways, sitting back and hoping folks in government and courts would come to their senses and find the right solution has been an utter waste of
    time!
    There is only one way to really solve this now, or atleast get everybody to "wake up".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Hopefully someone who knows more about sockeye migratory patterns and DFO management of the fishery can shed some light on the following question:

I have just been reading in the G&M that the Fraser sockeye run is a disaster and that this is a function of climate change in the form of rising sea temperatures. This in turn is impacting the zooplankton they feed on with the resulting flow through on salmon survival rates. But the Kenai River in Alaska is doing well (https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishC...&SpeciesID=420) in sockeye terms, though other species are down. So what gives? Does the southern route of Fraser sockeye mean that they suffer more than their Alaskan cousins on the return journey? Are there significant differences between how we manage our fishery vs the US that might impact populations? The DFO is one of the more opaque government ministries and not one that is likely to look in the mirror when things go wrong. Any views on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Hopefully someone who knows more about sockeye migratory patterns and DFO management of the fishery can shed some light on the following question:

I have just been reading in the G&M that the Fraser sockeye run is a disaster and that this is a function of climate change in the form of rising sea temperatures. This in turn is impacting the zooplankton they feed on with the resulting flow through on salmon survival rates. But the Kenai River in Alaska is doing well (https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishC...&SpeciesID=420) in sockeye terms, though other species are down. So what gives? Does the southern route of Fraser sockeye mean that they suffer more than their Alaskan cousins on the return journey? Are there significant differences between how we manage our fishery vs the US that might impact populations? The DFO is one of the more opaque government ministries and not one that is likely to look in the mirror when things go wrong. Any views on this?
    I would also like to know the answer to this. Its climate change here, but the fish seem to be doing good north and south of us.

First year in over 60 years I didn’t get out salmon fishing,started out fishing in Brentwood as a kid with my dad and uncle in a16’ Briggs and Stratten clinker built putter boat moored at the ‘Anchorage with wire lines and planers PAL dodgers and ‘strip’ for the ‘white springs’ and fall coho then launching at Cattle point for Oak Bay and the Victoria waterfront off Esquimalt , Pedder Bsy ,and finally off Sooke for the next 20 years.,Terry, the guide who became a personal friend I went with for 20 years saw the writing on the wall and sold his house and boat and moved back to Nova Scotia this spring and it’s just not easy to find a fishing companion again after 20 years fishing with one guy
    Just for the record,California had the biggest Chinook run in decades..the direct result of a concerted effort to bring back the recreational fishery.What we had is a classic example of a number of factors that all came together to wipe out the recreational fishery..and nobody in the DFO willing to deal with hard issues for fear of political correctness and self interest groups.Too bad,we saw it coming and nobody would listen.
    So this year I bought a bunch of fresh pinks and put them in the freezer..guess that’s my fishing now..the thrill of a big Chinook ripping out 100 yards of line on multiple runs with a single action ‘knuckle buster’reel is just a memory now
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 08-26-2019 at 10:15 AM.

^^^^yup, getting really sad here in BC.
    And there is a few issues "why" this happening to the sport fisher of BC.
    As said, just came back from Birch Bay, and Kings and Sockeye being sold like crazy to the public.
    People walking around with bags and bags of them out of the fish plants.

Meanwhile, we cant even take one on the hook.
    But nets, all good!!!??????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

Hate to say this, but I mean it....
    Someone is going to lose it real soon!!!!

Can you say, "Canuck Cuck"
    I heard Marcon being called "EuroCuck"
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach