Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Ethics take a back seat to cheap fish or meat...FN are supplying a market demand and its as simple as that. The feds could set up a sting ,but they don’t have the political will to do it. Easier to turn a blind eye and talk about ‘truth and reconciliation’ Unfortionately all this creates a backlash against FN who do not act this way

The answer is "I'm taking my football and going home"?

Yeah, that will fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Bait View Post

Yeah, that will fix it
    Just as much as guys like yourself pissing off possible support

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Just as much as guys like yourself pissing off possible support

neither of these help......
    His soap box and there "taking the football home"

he is pissing of possible support, they are taking valuable knowledge and help away........

Answer to it all?
    a damned organisation like we all thought BCWF was to stand up and mobilize us...... individual we all do this.... What do we have now? We have a half dozen small organizations that are trying to build so they can do something.....
    but no one knows about them, who they are... if they can trust them....
    That is exactly what the soap box stander needs to do and that is a half near impossible task because it involves more money than anyone has..... And that is why I think the BCWF totally dropped the ball. They should have changed their "mantra" and stepped up to that plate.... but instead we had "The resident hunter" issue.... then the " change of the guard" Scandle...... and now 50% of the trust is gone....... Just like the fish....

Everyone knows the BCWF, they have a board stood up already... they have a bank account already.....I bet most people would jump right back behind them if they actually became a "Spear" and not a bystander....
    but what do I know.... I have no volunteer experience...... but F uck... I have killed more fish than many people ever have or will..... So there is that

Arrow Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Bait View Post

Yeah, that will fix it
    Who the hell mentioned ANYTHING about stepping away?
    Certainly NOT myself, nor a great many of my Buddies who are directly affected by this bullshit.
    In fact, we are ramping up our efforts immensely, and are going full on to ensure these bassturds pay in full at the polls this fall.
    And we are already in discussions with those we expect to replace them...

So, beyond holding another self back-patting dinner and belittling potential allies via social media, WTF else are YOU personally contributing??
    Nice divisive tactic. By any chance do you work for the department? Your rants might suggest so...
    .................................................. ............................................

First time in his entire reign I have heard anything I can agree with slip out of Horgan's yap:

“Their livelihoods are now compromised because of these decisions and I know the federal government understands that,” Horgan told CTV. He went on to say, “I would love to see a compensation package for those that are being adversely affected but at this point I haven't seen that.”

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/plan-to-help-c...rmen-1.4392094

Doesn't mean I will ever change my mind and vote for him, but I do find it interesting that a Lefty actually Gets It.

BTW: The Feds are ducking and running as hard as they can from any thoughts or considerations of compensation. While they quite often immediately jump to the aid of those their gross incompetence pushes off fisheries in the east, out here we are simply collateral damage.

In another turn, certain well placed academics at UBC are now calling for whales to be granted the dame rights as humans.
    I kid you not:

Scientists and environmental lawyers agree that whales need the legal rights of personhood to give them a voice in courts and legislatures, and to secure their continued survival and well being.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...ghts-as-people

And The Circus Continues...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Steve Rinella commented how we have a hierarchy of animals, people have talked about doing all sorts of things to bring back salmon numbers including killing seals but no ones talked about killing a few whales lol
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Whales as people, interesting concept.
    Might be supportable if their rights Trumped Fn .
    The transients could ease our overburdened cabinet by holding meetings in the pool, when it came to all in favour time the transients could eat who ever pissed them off!
    Blacktailaholic

If only Liberals were an endangered species,they sure aren’t starving ,that’s for sure....the tough part about all this is,there’s really nothing we can do.The Government holds all the cards and they can do what they darn well please... we can rant and rave all we want but if Trudeau decides to shut down the whole fishery and give to the FN* he can do it.Personally, I think that’s his agenda anyway, costs him nothing ,it’s no skin off his backside and he gets a photo op with his smiling face out of it for ‘Truth and Reconciliation’ .Does the rest of Canada care if I can’t go salmon fishing?give your head a shake, I doubt it....
    * and yeah,I got FN blood in me too,I have adopted several FN kids and my FN son refuses to go hunting anymore because his relatives were convicted of killing cow elk just before they calved,he said ‘if that’s what they do,I want nothing to do with it and I don’t want people thinking I do that stuff if they see me carrying a rifle’...he never went hunting with me again..
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 04-26-2019 at 04:27 PM.

guest Guest

[QUOTE=Islandeer;2089167]Whales as people, interesting concept.

Now dont forget...... The lost or challenged Single Orca that wanted onto every ones boat at Nootka a few years ago was a local human residents Grand Father........ really?
    Now questions been called. Just how does that work?

I still cant connect the dots on that .......

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    If only Liberals were an endangered species,they sure aren’t starving ,that’s for sure....the tough part about all this is,there’s really nothing we can do.The Government holds all the cards and they can do what they darn well please... we can rant and rave all we want but if Trudeau decides to shut down the whole fishery and give to the FN* he can do it.Personally, I think that’s his agenda anyway, costs him nothing ,it’s no skin off his backside and he gets a photo op with his smiling face out of it for ‘Truth and Reconciliation’ .Does the rest of Canada care if I can’t go salmon fishing?give your head a shake, I doubt it....
    * and yeah,I got FN blood in me too,I have adopted several FN kids and my FN son refuses to go hunting anymore because his relatives were convicted of killing cow elk just before they calved,he said ‘if that’s what they do,I want nothing to do with it and I don’t want people thinking I do that stuff if they see me carrying a rifle’...he never went hunting with me again..
    Your son is a fine young man, maybe he should lead by example and still enjoy what are his and our rights.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit