Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

How about a total boycott of native fish sales?
    Your account has been banned permanently. Reason: Your account has been blocked due to comments that could be construed as hate speech. For more information, please visit: http://cbc.ca/submissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    Never have and never will buy fish from FN.

guest Guest

Will never happen. Always more waiting to get a deal. Whitey continues to buy.
    This is far bigger than most know. Bullies within the FNs are selling black market salmon and have for years. Throw some here and there for elders and others to keep them shut up. Cases go to court get thrown out. Everything back to status quo. Very sickening Government has allowed this crap to continue. As for the future of BC Salmon......the writtings on the wall. Some FNs coninue to sell under the counter while purchasers belly up to the totes.....next.

Our memories of fishing with family and friends are soon to be that. Just memories.
    The BC Econmy is going to feel this Mismanagement Hurt Big time. Sadly many are loosing their livelihoods over this. Its awful. And expected to get much worse with more closures over the next 5 years.

Way to go DFO and Goverment. Good job. Well done !

I wonder about the FN upstream of the net fishery...if their relatives downstream have pretty much taken (and sold) what they want,what is left for the bands who live upstream? Seems to me the whole FN river fishery is unregulated and it’s grab all you want for yourself. The Government won’t touch it with a 10’ pole ,all they want is a photo op for ‘Truth and Reconciliation’ ,but the status quo is hurting a lot of FN who aren’t on the feeding chain( and yeah, I know because I have adopted FN kids )

FN behavior is human nature, the majority of people would take advantage the same way when every time you go to court because you were caught breaking the law you were taught there was no consequences and actually come out of it with more rights and there is no incentive to achieve when you get money for nothing...

Also the liberal attitude that convinces them they re hard done by and need hand outs, total bullshit, lots of races have gone through worse and came out better, the difference is the victim mentality cycle ensured by continued rewards with no accountability, keeps them on the hook begging for more. This will continue as its whats been and is being taught in school..check out your kids text books, more bull shit. Not to mention the white privledge bull shit now being circulated in schools.

Rec fishing and hunting for regular income people will continue to be regulated to death either with reasoning of scarcity of fish, morality judgments, and FN control. Sad.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Suing DFO for closing recreational fishing without conservation concerns and using this action as a bargaining posture is surely a winnable case.

Arrow Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Suing DFO for closing recreational fishing without conservation concerns and using this action as a bargaining posture is surely a winnable case.
    On the surface one would think so.
    Our sector has already gone that route in the past.
    We lost.

The issues you will face:

Hope you have VERY deep pockets. They will fight you tooth and nail, using your own money against you (limitless supply according to Pierre's Idiot Child) and the best legal beagles money can buy.

They will undoubtedly ensure the matter gets placed before a sympathetic (to their cause) judge.

They will drag the matter out in court as long as possible (see deep pockets).

They will malign you, and try to paint you in the most extremely negative light possible, and are far from being above directly lying to do so.

But, if you have the tenacity, thick enough skin, and a couple million to blow off, why not?

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Yes, Noggin, court action would be a serious affair.

Yet I suspect that this is the only way non-treaty people are going to have any hope accessing wildlife into the future.
    We need courts to establish our rights into law!

Arrow Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    ... Yet I suspect that this is the only way non-treaty people are going to have any hope accessing wildlife into the future.
    We need courts to establish our rights into law!
    I do concur.
    However unless we can get shed of the current folks who sit in our Supreme Court, I simply don't think we can get there.
    I cannot believe they will EVER side with non-treaty folks over their proven pets.

Sadly,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Considering that those sales are illegal and exceptionally unethical I would say .....DO NOT BUY NATIVE'S FISH !!!!!!!
    Hopefully the courts see fit to make serious examples of people who support these sales.
    Last edited by scott h; 04-25-2019 at 05:18 PM.