Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Draconian Fisheries Closures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

well thats just fine as long as we pull the nets out...

Just waiting to sell my house in BC and run for Manitoba ... This province is a dumpster fire my God.

No grizzly hunting, no moose in region 5, no chinook fishing. The list will get longer... This province is a pretty sad f*****g place to live if you enjoy hunting and fishing.
    Last edited by Seth; 04-16-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    No grizzly hunting, no moose in region 5, no chinook fishing. The list will get longer... This province is a pretty sad f*****g place to live if you enjoy hunting and fishing. I have to assume no stipulations for the commercial fleets?
    It looks like they are holding back the troll fleet from hammering them until Aug 20. That should help things quite a bit.

Arrow Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Quote Originally Posted by scott h View Post
    It looks like they are holding back the troll fleet from hammering them until Aug 20. That should help things quite a bit.

The troll fleets have taken around 12 % of what the recreational sector does annually for springs for a considerably long time (over a decade) now. Take a long hard look in the mirror if you still need to apply a label. And yeah, I can and will back that with science & numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    what is limited ceremonial fishing when not monitored ?
    It means damn the torpedoes and full on fishing for one sector and one sector only. Reality.

Combined with the noted announcements today, was another that slid largely unnoticed. The creation of a new branch of DFO. Titled "Reconciliation and Partnerships (R&P) Branch" complete with an RDG and support staff. You can likely guess where that is headed, but if in doubt, pm me & I will send you the background letter from DFO.

Ticked beyond belief...
    Nog
    Last edited by willyqbc; 04-16-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

The troll fleets have taken around 12 % of what the recreational sector does annually for springs for a considerably long time (over a decade) now. Take a long hard look in the mirror if you still need to apply a label. And yeah, I can and will back that with science & numbers.

It means damn the torpedoes and full on fishing for one sector and one sector only. Reality.

Combined with the noted announcements today, was another that slid largely unnoticed. The creation of a new branch of DFO. Titled "Reconciliation and Partnerships (R&P) Branch" complete with an RDG and support staff. You can likely guess where that is headed, but if in doubt, pm me & I will send you the background letter from DFO.

Ticked beyond belief...
    Nog
    How many licence's take that 12%. How about all the other commercial sectors? How many fish ends up as floaters when caught as by catch? No sympathy for the commercial sector here. They should have been cut back further years ago and the stocks wouldn't be in the shape they are today. They never change until they are forced to......all for the almighty dollar.
    Last edited by willyqbc; 04-16-2019 at 07:15 PM.

How many licence's take that 12%. How about all the other commercial sectors? How many fish ends up as floaters when caught as by catch? No sympathy for the commercial sector here. They should have been cut back further years ago and the stocks wouldn't be in the shape they are today. They never change until they are forced to......all for the almighty dollar.
    If your going to throw the commercial guys under the bus, you might also want to consider past provincial governments who have allowed logging companies to totally destroy streams, spawning beds and habitat. I think all users of the fishing resource can take equal blame for it's present state. You cannot take, take, take, and never give back. This is a wake up call for everyone. Stop taking these precise resources for granted. They are all finite.

Thumbs down Re: Draconian Fisheries Closures

Complete ignorant, uninformed bullshit.
    Why did I not expect anything less...

Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Hmmm there is nothing mentioned about all the nets the natives have in the rivers. the wife and I drove by Kamloops lake a few years ago and there was 8 gill net boats fishing the lake.