Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves in Lytton.. laluwissin creek

Re: Wolves in Lytton.. laluwissin creek

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    One of the culverts on the way to the cabin got plugged, it was kinda tricky getting through with the spring runoff. I tried to clear it, but I couldn’t find the high side of the culvert to pick away at it.

Im not sure if the road got fixed yet to the hwy, we had to go around thru Botanie.
    my last trip to the cabin was may 20 2017. The road was washed out about 1.5km south of the cabin. I made it through though.
    Is this the washout you are speaking of, has the road been repaired since?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Saw a post on FB last week, chasing Deer on the golf coarse in Princeton!

Just brutal..
    a couple years ago a very good friend and experienced outdoorsman was snowmobiling at the riding area west of the 7km marker of Burma road (stave lake). It was snowing like crazy that day, he messaged me when he got to reception that he was trailing a pack of wolves down the mountain.

Another friend of mine caught a big black wolf on his game camera in steelhead (between mission and maple ridge) 2 years ago.

And ive heard of 2 wolves being taken near where Sylvester Rd turns to gravel just out of mission.

ask takla about 2-8 wolves.seen one up sumas mountain 15 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    my last trip to the cabin was may 20 2017. The road was washed out about 1.5km south of the cabin. I made it through though.
    Is this the washout you are speaking of, has the road been repaired since?
    Thats about the right distance yes. It could have been repaired and washed out, or another one washed out since. They were logging in there in 2017.

There has been wolves in Lytton/Spence’s for along time. Same goes for the lower mainland there was even a study on wolves in the Skagit

There is all kinds of animals that sneak under the radar

What is it going to take for the province to start waking up to the issue?
    I guess Harrison Country is next?
    Boston Bar seems to have a bunch. Tracks all over the place. Starting to remind me of hunting out in the south caribou (5-1) minus seeing them in broad daylight.

Last year was the first year we have heard them howling in the Chilliwack / Hope area and sure enough when the snow hit found tracks there for the first time. I was half expecting to see some on the trailcams.

What bugs me with these wolves showing up in the Fraser Valley is that there is no season for them in a lot of MU's.

Seems to be more whitetails showing up in Region 2 as well. I ran into a couple 2 weeks ago while checking cams.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Boston Bar seems to have a bunch. Tracks all over the place. Starting to remind me of hunting out in the south caribou (5-1) minus seeing them in broad daylight.

Last year was the first year we have heard them howling in the Chilliwack / Hope area and sure enough when the snow hit found tracks there for the first time. I was half expecting to see some on the trailcams.

What bugs me with these wolves showing up in the Fraser Valley is that there is no season for them in a lot of MU's.

Seems to be more whitetails showing up in Region 2 as well. I ran into a couple 2 weeks ago while checking cams.
    my father hunts the east Anderson area for the last 15 years or so. It was normal that see a dozen or so deer, pick and choose the one. As of recent years he's lucky to see one a day. Wolves are everywhere. I was up there a few weeks ago and it was tracked right out.
    I have some pics from last spring of a wolf prints I was tracking. I had my 75lb hybrid with me. His entire paws fit in it's palm pad alone. It had to be about 5" diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    my father hunts the east Anderson area for the last 15 years or so. It was normal that see a dozen or so deer, pick and choose the one. As of recent years he's lucky to see one a day. Wolves are everywhere. I was up there a few weeks ago and it was tracked right out.
    I have some pics from last spring of a wolf prints I was tracking. I had my 75lb hybrid with me. His entire paws fit in it's palm pad alone. It had to be about 5" diameter.
    Yup, I had a track from a wolf for a few years in a row.
    I could place my whole hand in the tracks.
    The tracks were almost twice the size of any other wolf (and they weren't pup tracks with him)
    So yes, I believe you.
    And FYI, I think the wolf was taken by a friend I knew at the time and it would have made #2 in BC back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    There’s wolves in Harrison. I saw tracks on the east side, south of Port Douglas.

North end end of Stave too.
    Yes, they're in the Lillooet river valley, north end of Harrison lake. Elk and deer are great wolf bait.