Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Warmest, lightest puffy: Sitka; Brooks Range; First Lite; Kuiu

Re: Warmest, lightest puffy: Sitka; Brooks Range; First Lite; Kuiu

Taiga released a lightweight down jacket called the DownLite this year. 3.6oz of 850+ down, whole thing weighs 350g and costs $260, available in olive green too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    But by far the best hunting clothing investment I made was the Big Bill Marino wool hunting jacket ,Canadian made from Gostwear and pants, very warm and very comfortable again!.We were hunting in some pretty extreme weather conditions again in Alberta and those clothing investment really made the difference in being able to tolerate the weather conditions. I highly recommend these products.
    How was the wind and rain resistance on these? I've considered going for a wool pair of pants and a wool jacket from them and then having my raingear in the backpack just in case there's a downpour. What temperatures do you think you could be comfortable in in the pants and jacket with a base layer underneath?

Quote Originally Posted by grantk View Post
    Taiga released a lightweight down jacket called the DownLite this year. 3.6oz of 850+ down, whole thing weighs 350g and costs $260, available in olive green too.
    Saw these on their website. Looks like an amazing deal compared to some of the other outdoors brands out there. Also, Taiga stuff is made in Vancouver, not abroad. I've seen more of these outdoors companies using "responsible down", now I'm not sure if this a gimmick, but someone put me onto how terribly treated these down geese are so I'd like to think that these efforts are making the situation better.

https://featheredfriends.com/collect...ed-down-jacket
    This will keep you warm anywhere.
    Size up for layers,

Feathered friends make some of the best down gear around,