Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Warmest, lightest puffy: Sitka; Brooks Range; First Lite; Kuiu

Re: Warmest, lightest puffy: Sitka; Brooks Range; First Lite; Kuiu

My nephew bought the Stone Glacier down jacket and loves it. Says it is one of his favourite pieces and he has a ton of nice gear. Omer sells them at Precision Optics in Quesnel.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I wear my Uncompaghre jackets everywhere. Pants are too hot to wear when walking, but great to zip on when sitting
    Who the hell decided to call it Uncompaghre? Who can type that into a search engine after their buddy tells them about it? It better be good with a name like that.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

It's known as the First Lite Unpronounceable puffy jacket
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Have a look at hiking clothing. I picked up a Kuhl pojekt puffy jacket a year ago and it weighs nothing and is extemely warm. Stuffs into its hood and makes a super backpacking pillow.

What do people wear for late season goat hunts? Wouldn't the down get a bit wet in the late season/winter hunts? I was thinking about the sitka kelvin jacket that is all synthetic because I would think any jacket with down in it wouldn't hold up to the wet-ish weather, even with a rain shell over top?

Super down PRO here from kuiu, handles rain great. I’ve yet to be cold in it no matter the temp, and with the pit zips it’s really nice to cool down quick without layering down. Mind you if it’s heavy rain, I have a gortex shell I will put on.. as should anyone really.

Anyone have any experience with the Taiga Challenger down jacket? Seems comparable in weight to the FL Chamberlin, but costs much less.

I also have a first lite chamberlain jacket, its been the warmest jacket ive worn. My second fav is the kifaru LPP pullover. That jacket is bullet proof.

Like SR80 has said, don't forget about the Lost park Parka from Kifaru. Probably one of my favorite pieces of gear over the last few seasons. Its the warmest and most bulletproof like most kifaru gear. And like most kifaru gear its just a bit more weight

I made a couple of hunting clothing investment's last year that I'm more than happy with. First lite Merino wool vest, lite and comfortable, Pnuma synthetic insulator vest, very warm and very comfortable. But by far the best hunting clothing investment I made was the Big Bill Marino wool hunting jacket ,Canadian made from Gostwear and pants, very warm and very comfortable again!.We were hunting in some pretty extreme weather conditions again in Alberta and those clothing investment really made the difference in being able to tolerate the weather conditions. I highly recommend these products.